CHAPTER 10

Neliue POV

"Are you guys excited about your birthday tomorrow?"

"Yes we are mommy." They answer in unison while seated in the back of the car. I was driving them to school then because it's on a Friday and I still need to finish their party preparations, I took a day off.

I still need to buy them their gifts as well as at least get them costumes for their jungle and princess theme party.

I was torn between doing one theme or both, I mean it's cheaper! But anyway I asked them and they insisted on jungle theme for the boys and princess for the girls. Anything to make them happy. It's their birthday after all and I also don't want to give them nightmare birthday parties. Something to always remember is worth it.

"Do you think we should invite all your classmates?"

"Yes!"

"No!"

Ashley and Kimmy answer yes as Allan answers with a very disapproving No.

"Allan why did you say no?" I take a glance at him before resuming to look on the road. We don't want to die now do we?

"Everyone can come except from the big bad boy Paul." He answers

"Who is Paul? His name sounds familiar."

"The one that that kicks me during football."

Oh! that Paul.

I am sure as hell he has a scowl on his face while saying this. It is very rare for him to be worked up, he's totally calm than Kimmy.

"Oh no, don't you think he will feel isolated if he is the only one that doesn't come to the party?" As much as he is rough with my child, I feel bad for him. No one would like to be left out like that, it's absolutely not the best feeling in the world.

I know because i have been there. I remember when my parents died and there were parent and teacher meetings, the first that came immediately after their death no one attended. Mrs. Mary my mom now hadn't taken me in then. It was hard to see other classmates interact with their parents after their meeting while I sat on a bench wallowing in my misfortunes. I cried so hard that night at my foster home then, I woke up with sore eyes.

"That's his problem." Allan says coldly.

"He is lucky I didn't see him or else I would have taken care of him for what he did to my brother." Kimmy chimes in.

I try to ignore what he said, God knows what sinister thoughts are running through his mind.

"I still think he should come, I will tell him to apologise to you and if he causes trouble at the party he will be forced to leave immediately." I convince them.

"Okay then."

I pull up in their schools parking lot and let them out.

"Ms. Marie how are you this morning?" Ms. Johnson, their teacher greets at the class entrance.

"Very good actually, I am planning my kids party that is happening tomorrow and I am inviting all their classmates at my house. Would you take the initiative to ask their parents? I need to confirm the number of those that will be able to attend."

"I would like to do that for you. Some parents already are aware, your children have been very vocal about it." Ms. Johnson replies.

No surprise there.