All Alone

Elena crouches over her body, staring in disbelief.

"So this is the other side?" she questions out loud slowly spinning around in a circle "I'm still in the same place, and everyone is still here.."

She makes her way over to Stefan who's still on the group with a stake in his back, pain written all over his face, she crouches down beside him "Stefan? Can you see me?" she asks hesitantly. He doesn't even look her way, he stays staring at her lifeless body on the ground. 

"No one can see or hear me? So i'm all alone until Elijah's elixir kicks in." She sighs "Well at least I still get to see Klaus die". Turning towards the monster hybrid who had just killed her, she watches as his eyes turn bright gold and his bones start snapping.

She spots her best friend Bonnie making her way down the path as she starts chanting, but stays crouched beside Stefan to watch.

"Infero eseri gratas, disasustos vom, mas pro je ta sue te!" Bonnie yells as she walks down the path; approaching the hybrid with Elijah and Damon on her heels.

"What are you doing?!" Klaus roars in pain

"Victamas veras, phasmatos tribum, niha sue exilum, disasustos vom, mas pro je ta sue te!" the witch continues with her spell, her voice raising higher and higher as she goes "Phasmatos veras, fes matos tribum, mas pro tes unum, victas ex melam, phasmatos vanem, mas pro je ta sue te!"

Klaus glares at the witch "You can't kill me witch! You're not strong enough!" he howls in pain at her

"She may not be able to kill you Niklaus, but I can!" Elijah growls as he speeds towards him in a flash and plunges his hand into his brothers chest "This is for my family, whom you stole away from me"

Elijah goes to pull his hand out of his brothers chest; ripping out his heart when Klaus screams "I still have them! I never threw their bodies into the ocean! I'll return you to them!"

"You're lying Niklaus" Elijah hisses down at him

"I'm not! I swear to you Elijah, I will take you to them and reunite us all, please I give you my word!" the hybrid pleads in a desperate voice

"Don't believe him Elijah, he's desperate for us not to kill him! He'll say anything!" Damon yells 

Elijah looks over at the Bonnie and Damon, and then to Stefan still on the ground staring at Elena's body. The witch sees the hesitant and desperate look in his eyes and speaks up.

"Don't you dare. I know what you're thinking and if you do it, i'll take you BOTH out!" the witch hisses at him and Damon takes a step forward.

"Come on Elijah.. don't be stupid.. power of a hundred witches over here and all" Damon says, grinning at the original vampire

Elijah drops his head and stares into his brothers eyes as if trying to decipher if he's telling the truth. "Brother I swear on everything I will return you to our siblings" Klaus pleads to him

With one last look at the witch and vampire only a couple meters away from him he says "I'm sorry" and disappears with his brother.

"NO!" Bonnie and Damon scream at the same time and look at the empty spot where the two originals used to be.

Elena stares in horror as she realized what had just happened.. Elijah betrayed them and now they would never get another chance to kill Klaus.

Damon turns and rushes to Stefan's side; pulling the stake out of his brothers back.

"You alright brother?" he asks

He just nods his head eyes still on his girlfriends dead body, "why hasn't she come back yet?" he questions slowly

"Yeah, that's what I would like to know" Elena mumbles to herself pissed off that their plan failed. She watches Bonnie slowly start walking towards her body and follows.

"Elena?" Bonnie questions, crouching down and shaking her best friend a little

When nothing happens the two Salvatores rush to her side "Whats going on witchy why isn't she awake yet?" Damon pokes at her

"I- I don't know, Elijah said she should've woken up twenty minutes after!" she cries

Stefan pulls out his phone checking the time "It's been thirty-five minutes.." he says slowly and raises his head to look at them "Did the elixir not work?! Is she really dead?" 

"No!" Damon says angrily and scoops Elena into his arms "She's not dead guys. The elixir is five hundred years old. It probably just takes a little longer to kick in. Yeah that's it. She'll be back soon." 

Stefan goes and picks up Jenna's body and gives Bonnie a hopeful look.. praying that his brother is right..