❦ Chapter 5 ~ Guitar Lover ❦

You walked silently on the hallways. Unlike last week, you've arrived at school earlier than usual. It's just 5:30 in the morning. I mean, who does that? Oh yeah, you.

It's been a week since the incident happened. Somehow, you felt guilty for shouting at Chanyeol like that. The boy didn't do anything bad but you just can't keep up with him because he always care for everything even though he isn't part of it. You aren't even that close yet.

But what shocked you the most is that even though you've said the baddest things to him, all these days, he kept on smiling and throwing jokes at you. You don't even know how can he act like nothing happened.

The reason why you're going to school earlier than usual is because you don't want to see Jin's face in the morning. You knew that he knows what time you always go to school and always go with you every time. You didn't want to let him ruin your day everyday.

You've arrived in front of your classroom. You were about to open the door when you heard strumming of guitar.

"Hmm?" You hummed quietly questioning yourself if what you heard was right. You thought of an idea.

Being curious, you slowly knelt in front of the door and put your head on the floor, facing the tiny space under the door. While adjusting with the light that you can see inside, it was suddenly covered by dark. You wondered why when something clicked on your mind and something literally clicked in front of you. Before you can even react, the door opened.

"Oh. What do we have here? A cat?" Chanyeol said seeing your position. Your eyes widen and realization hit you, HARD. You stood up from your kneeling position and straightened your uniform. 

You walked in the classroom like nothing happened. You sat down on your chair quietly as Chanyeol chuckles while he close the door. You just took your book out and read. It's a great idea for covering embarrassment from earlier.

You felt Chanyeol sit back on his chair, which is right beside you, and stare at you. You didn't mind him but his stare is melting you. You noticed a guitar standing in front of Chanyeol.

You can't help but to stare at it.

You've always wanted to have a guitar and learn how to play it but money is always your problem. You gulped and looked away from it.

"Hmm." You felt Chanyeol get his guitar and faced you. You just glued your eyes to your book and ignore him. He suddenly strummed his guitar that created a beautiful melody. Your ears twerked up like they heard the most beautiful sounds on earth. Your eyes unconsciously close when Chanyeol continued to play the guitar.

He hummed as he plays the guitar with a smile. (Just play the video on the multimedia. I just want to share the music. Even tho there's no guitar in it.) There was obviously a hidden message in that song. You don't know what's that song but you loved it in the moment you heard Chanyeol play it. You felt yourself being drawn to the song when the door opened and 3 of your classmates came in noisily.

You opened your eyes and glared at them, exactly when they moved their eyes on you. They quickly shut their mouths and went to their seats as you continued to glare at them. You heard Chanyeol chuckled and put his guitar down.

"Yah, Hyun  Ae. It's okay, you know. You can still ask me to play the guitar any time, anywhere." You heard Chanyeol said that made you look at him. He winked at you cutely. You rolled your eyes and put your eyes back at the book.

You didn't notice the smile creeping up your face. Chanyeol noticed it, though. He was grinning like crazy until the end of the class. Not until Lunch.

ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ

Chanyeol was walking with you to the cafeteria when a voice caught your ears.

"Hyun  Ae! Hey!"

Before Chanyeol look back at the person who just called you, you grabbed his arm and run as fast as you can. Chanyeol got what you wanted to do, so he held your hand and ran with you as quickly as possible. Now, he's like the one who's dragging you.

 You still heard Jin calling out to you. Just hearing his voice ruined your day.

After seems like forever, you two stopped at the swimming pool area. It isn't really prohibited to go here, it's just students barely go here because it's like a hidden place. This is where loners go. Why do you know? Because since you've started being a high school student, you always go here alone. No one was here to bug you. No one was here to talk to you. Now you're here, not alone, not as a loner and not at peace.

You and Chanyeol were panting as you went inside the swimming pool area. The waterproof lights underwater brightened the crystal blue pool. It relaxed you a bit. You locked the tinted glass door and walked to the stairs of the pool. Chanyeol followed you, still amazed at the new found place. He looked around the area and finally, his gaze stopped at you. He knows that you are mad at Jin but you look so fragile that you'll break anytime right now.

Chanyeol sat down beside you, on the side of the pool. You were just staring at the pool and thinking about how to kill Jin, so he'll be out of your life. But the thing is, once something or someone take place in your heart, it stays forever. You shook your head and sighed.

"Are you okay?" You heard Chanyeol asked you worriedly. You looked at him and realized that you haven't said sorry to him yet.

"Sorry." You said then looked away.

Silence took over the area. You were expecting a response from him like always but this time, he didn't. You slowly looked on his face. He's looking at the pool while his hands clasped together. You wondered why but as if he has already read what's on your mind, he looked at you.

"Are you sure you've already gotten over with that guy?" He suddenly asked sternly. You suddenly felt like throwing yourself into the pool. You thought you can answer that question easily but seems like your mouth won't move and say that you have already gotten over with Jin. It's easier to think about it than to say it. You don't know how to react to Chanyeol. Should you ignore him or should you say what you really feel about it?

"It's not for you to worry about." You just said trying to shrug the topic out. Chanyeol didn't tear his gaze on you. He's like observing every feature you have. You felt uncomfortable with his judging stare.

You stood up after a few minutes and decided to get out of your haven. You opened the glass door but Chanyeol spoke up,

"Just don't forget that you have me here. You're not alone, Hyun Ae. You can always rely on me if you can't handle it anymore. I can be your handkerchief if you want to cry, I'm all ears if you want to release all the things you've kept for a long time."

You felt someone hugged you from behind. It felt warmly comforting. You felt safe in these arms.

"You can share your pain with me, Hyun Ae. I'm always here to make you smile."

That's when you felt tears flowing down your cheeks. 

And for the first time since 3 years ago, you smiled sincerely at someone besides from your mom.

"Thank you, Chanyeol."

edited: [8/18/16] [10/1/18]