❦ Chapter 15 ~ Broken Cold Heart ❦

The continuous teardrops that your eyes produce felt like falling for forever. Your hands that feel so numb as your fingers pierce through your skin. Your legs that feel so weak and useless sitting on the floor. Your gaped mouth that feels so dry that it might break when you try to move it.

Your heart that beats so fast that it might run around the world just in seconds. The difference is that, your heart is beating not because of happiness and excitement but with sadness and betrayal. You feel so stupid for falling for his trap.

Why do you even fall so easily like just slipping on a wet floor?

Your heart is too naïve to notice things. You didn't even think again that Chanyeol might be the guy who'll hurt you more than Jin did. You were too focus on analyzing your feelings for him that you haven't thought of hurting yourself in the process.

That's the problem with people, they love too much but unconsciously making themselves stupid.

You stood up, holding onto the door knob for support. When you heard his footsteps running away, you just stared at the door, trying to glare at him through it. But no, your eyes just softened as you see his face in your mind.

Your feelings can't be erased that easily.

"Why are you so stupid, Hyun Ae?" You whispered to yourself, knocking your head gently on the door.

ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ

"You're not weak, Hyun Ae. You. Are. Not. Weak."

"You can't see him right now. You'll just cry."

"No, Hyun Ae. You should go back. He'll think you're so weak."

"Hell! Just-"

You stopped on your tracks.

You've been walking back and forth on the corridor. Your classroom is just on the next hallway and you're still hesitating what to do. There are just 2 options.

1) You'll go back to your classroom, face Chanyeol and act like nothing happened. In short, act like you're strong and didn't cry your ass out just minutes ago.

Or...

2) You'll go to the garden even if classes are on going, have your first time cutting classes on record and continue crying there for Cheesecake's sake. In short, you're gonna be weak in front of the flowers and stop acting so strong for an hour.

Of course, you chose the option where you're good at. The option what will make you feel better. The option what you think is better for you.

The option to be weak.

You turned to the direction where you can find the gate to the garden. Yeah, you chose to be alone for a moment.

You locked the garden's gate and sat on the bench near the cherry blossom tree. The pink leaves fall down like your tears earlier but the difference is that, the leaves look beautiful when it fall but your tears or should I say, your face, doesn't really look good when tears flow on your cheeks.

You leaned your back on the bench and looked up at the pink leaves waving at you.

"Oh." You silently exclaimed as you closed your eyes.

"I've just been tricked again into a new trap. Great. Just great." You whispered to yourself as you knocked your head as if trying to knock some senses in it.

"Why do I have to be so stupid again?" You complained to yourself.

"You're not stupid. You're just numb, honey."