chapter 26

it was finally the day of their sleepover. chan and byeongkwan shared a shift as always and jun closed the cafe earlier just for this event.

"alright, everyone but chan and byeongkwan are free for today. and remember, no work tomorrow." jun says and claps with his hands. the other 3 people working say their goodbyes and leave.

"do you guys have all of your stuff?" chan and kwan nod, gesturing to the corner on the two backpacks. "ok perfect. let's start setting up. sehyoon said he will come right after his work shift ends." and byeongkwan cant help but smile. the past few day the older have avoided him but now sehyoon had nowhere to go. byeongkwan will be sure to use this as a chance to tease his huyng.

they started by closing all of the blindfolds and moving the tables and chairs to the sides to make some space. then they cleaned it and took out a bunch of blankets and pillows they brought with them. they didn't even notice how the time flew as they were setting everything up until jun got a text from sehyoon to open the door for him to enter.

"hey guys. oh you already set everything up? nice nice." he nods approvingly before adding. "by the way, you guys won't mind is one more person joins us right?"

he finishes the sentence and steps aside to reveal no other then donghun.

"hi." he waves shyly with a smile "lee donghun 26 years old nice to meet y'all." he says politely and bows.

"he's also byeongkwans uncle." sehyoon kicks in and the previously mentioned younger glares at him.

"we aren't blood related. or related at all if you think about it." kwan mumbles but no one listens to him. instead, they all went to meet donghun.

"i'm yuchan but call me chan. 17 years old." he smiles brightly and the two shake hands. then donghuns attention goes to the man that took his breath away. since the first day when he saw him have an interview with byeongkwan, the olders interest in him only grew.

"and you would be?"

"junhee. park junhee but friends call me jun. 22 years old. nice to meet you." he smiles a smile that donghun wishes he could somehow capture. the two shake hands as well and all of them make their way to the center of the cafe where they set up everything. byeongkwan was sitting there already waiting for them to join him.

"sehni, come sit by me." kwan says with a pout. sehyoons face paints pink as he completes the request and sits next to the younger. they all sat in a circle, talking and socializing. getting to know each other better.

"y'all want a drink?" jun asks everyone. all of them nod their heads and chan volunteers to go and make everyone's orders.

"byeongkwan, can i ask you something?" jun says and kwan gives his whole attention to him. "you said that donghun isn't your uncle and you guys aren't related. but then why did sehyoon introduces him as your uncle?"

"mmmm it's kind of complicating actually. let's just say that he's my ex-step-uncle."

"that didn't make any sense." sehyoon looked down at him with a confused expression.

byeongkwan sighed. "my father had many wives. after divorcing my mother, he married donghuns sister. thats when he became my step uncle. but then they two of them divorced and my father married another woman. but donghun and my father were really close so he wanted him to stick around. but technically, me and him are as good as strangers to each other."

"kwannie, don't say that. even if we aren't related, you can't say that we are strangers." donghun said. a sad tone present in his voice.

"whatever." byeongkwan huffed and leaned over to sehyoon, who had his arm around the younger. even at the smallest form of contact, sehyoon got flustered and byeongkwan knew it.