Chapter 13

Third Person's POV

The organizers led the students outside the studio after the audition finished. The captain of the Black Velvet decided to announce which students passed in private. Maybe she don't want those who wouldn't passed to feel so bad about themselves.

Jennie stomped her way out of the studio. She badly want to be there when they announce that Lisa will be joining the crew. Yeah, she's pretty sure that her best friend would be accepted. From the way Lisa dance, only an insecure brat wouldn't pass her.

Jennie crossed her arms and leaned her back towards the locker near the dance studio. Her eyebrows are furrowed, sign that she's really annoyed. Rosѐ and Jisoo thinks Jennie's tantrums are cute because Jennie looks like a kid who has her ice cream took away from her. That's why they're trying to hold back their laughter knowing that Jennie would be so mad at them.

"What?" Jennie raised one of her eyebrows when she notice the unusual behavior of the two.

"Why are you so annoyed? Are you worried that Lisa won't pass the audition?" Rosѐ asked.

"No. I just don't get it why they need to drive us out when they can announce it anyway."

The door of the studio suddenly swung open which made Jennie's face suddenly grew bright. She straighten her posture and waited for Lisa patiently.

"Look, there's our star." Jisoo said and pointed to Lisa who is walking towards them with her head hung low.

The three girls look at each other not knowing what would be their reaction. Seeing Lisa at that state makes them to send worried looks at her. Lisa stopped her tracks and stood right in of them, her head is still hung low.

"Hey buddy? Are you okay?" Rosѐ asked softly. Lisa just reply with a loud sigh which made Jennie more worried.

"It's okay Lis. You can try again next time." Jisoo said and pat Lisa's back.

"I-I don't get it. You dance way better than the other students!" Jennie said which made Lisa look at her.

"Really Nini?" Lisa said.

"Yes! That's why I'm confused why you didn't passed!" Jennie replied. Lisa can't hold it back anymore. A wide grin slowly forming at her lips which made the three confused.

"Who said I didn't passed?" Lisa said still not wiping that grin of hers.

"Oh my God. I knew it!" Jennie yelled before throwing herself to Lisa. Lisa quickly catch Jennie and hug her. She lift her up and they spin while laughing.

Lisa stopped when Jennie patted her shoulder as a sign that she's dizzy. She slowly put her down and their face were inches apart. The two of them seem to be frozen at their position. Lisa was caught by Jennie's eyes and so as the latter. She saw how Jennie flicker from her eyes towards her lips.

A fake cough from Jisoo made the two came back to their senses. Jennie quickly push Lisa away from her and fix her clothes thinking that it would lessen the awkwardness they're having. Rosѐ on the other hand pinch Jisoo's arm which made her winced in pain.

"What was that for?" Jisoo said.

"For ruining their moment, idiot." Rosѐ whispered.

Lisa's POV

My cheek heated up after that close encounter with Jennie. It wasn't my intention to be that close to Jennie. It was pure coincidence. I scratched my nape and look at Jennie who is busy fixing her clothes. Our eyes met but I quickly look away. I can feel that I'm blushing right now and I hope that Jennie didn't notice that.

I feel someone pat my back so I quickly turn around to see who it is.

"Oh. Hi Momo." I said.

"Congratulations Lisa." Momo said with a smile.

"You too Momo. Congratulations. Can't wait to dance with you."

"Me too. Well, practice starts next week. You don't have to wait that long." Momo laughed. Our conversation was interrupted when someone coughed behind her.

"Oh, I almost forgot. This friend of mine wants to meet you so bad." She said which earned her a smack from her friend. Momo push her friend which made her stumble. Lucky, I was able to catch her. I can feel someone looking at me and when I glanced at Jennie, she's staring at us like she's going to kill.

I gulped a lump from my throat. I shivered at Jennie's stare. This kitten can be really scary sometimes. But why is she staring at me like that?

"Are you okay?" I asked when I diverted my attention to Momo's friend.

"Yes. Thank you and sorry for that. Momo is being an ass." She replied and rolled her eyes on Momo. I can't help but let out a soft giggle.

"Cute." I muttered softly.

"Anyways, I'm Nayeon. Im Nayeon." She said and reach out her hand for a shake. I gladly accepted it.

"I'm Lisa-"

"Lalisa Manoban." Nayeon said which surprised me.

"I-I was w-watching you earlier." She added when she saw how confuse I am.

"Oh. Then that explains why you know my name." I replied and smiled softly.

"Yeah. You're good. I mean, you're amazing!" She said which made me chuckled.

"Thank you." I said shyly.

"So Lisa, I was wondering if you're free today. Maybe you want to have coffee with me." Nayeon asked.

I was about to respond but Jennie suddenly went between us and stare at me coldly. My eyes widen and I gulped once again. I hate it when Jennie giving me those stares.

"I want an ice cream." Jennie said sternly.

"O-of course. I'll treat you tomorrow Nini." I said.

"No. I want it, now." Jennie said, emphasizing the word "now" and walked away from us. I glance back at Nayeon and smile at her apologetically.

"I'm so sorry Nayeon. Maybe some other time?"

"Yeah sure. No worries."

"Maybe you can give me your number. I'll call you." I said and gave her my phone.

"Manoban! Are you coming or what?" Jennie said coldly.

I hurriedly grab my phone from Nayeon and waved them goodbye. I run towards Jennie who is waiting for me, with those cold eyes of hers. Rosѐ followed us while dragging Jisoo. Knowing that she will be getting free food, she didn't hesitate to come with us.

"You're dead Manoban." Jisoo whispered as they passed me by.