Chapter 15

Lisa's POV

"Okay. That's a wrap. See you next Friday guys." Seulgi said.

We've been practicing since last week and I would lie if I said that it wasn't intense. Well, there's a competition next month and that's what we have been preparing for. Our school's dance crew are the champion of the said competition so, it would take double efforts for us to defend the throne.

"Lisa? The practice has ended. Why don't you pack your things?" Seulgi asked while wiping the beads of sweat at her forehead.

"I'm just thinking about having one more round about my assignment. I don't want to mess it up." I replied.

Seulgi gave us an assignment where at every end of the practice, we need to show a solo performance. According to her, this is a way to help us to boost our confidence and lessen our nervousness when we perform at the front of a hundred people.

Momo has done her part earlier and I was amazed by her moves. Her edgy and powerful dance can attract lots of attention. Even me, I was mesmerized when she started dancing.

"But your turn is still on next Friday. You better go and take some rest." Seulgi insist.

"My performance needs a little more polishing. I'll go home when I'm done. Just one round captain. I promise." I begged. Seulgi shook her head and smiled in defeat.

"I really can't do anything when it comes to dancing." She replied. My face brighten when I heard that. I'm lucky that captain and I share the same love about dancing.

"But let me stay and watch your performance." She added which made me surprised.

"What? It was supposed to be a surprise." I pouted.

"But you said your dance need some more polishing. I might help you in that part."

"Yeah right. Fine. As if I can argue with you." I said and went towards the speaker. I hear Seulgi's chuckle as I walk my way towards the corner of the room.

---

"How was it?" I asked between my breaths. I took a sit at the floor and waited for Seulgi's response.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Where was the part that you say that you need to polish?!" Seulgi exclaimed.

I just laugh and took my water bottle to have some drink. Dancing is exhausting but at the same time, it's fun.

"Say Manoban, what do you think about my offer?" Seulgi suddenly asked.

"Is this about being the captain of Black Velvet next year?" I asked. Seulgi just hummed and nodded.

"You know my answer cap. And for the nth time, it will always be the same." I replied.

"Ugh. What a shame." She brushed her hair out in frustration. I giggled at her antics.

"What should I do to change your mind?" She asked.

"Give me Irene." I replied seriously. Seulgi's eyes suddenly went dark and was about to jump towards me but I suddenly burst out in laughter.

"Yah! I'm just joking. I'm not that kind of person." I said between my laughs.

"Jokes are half-meant." She said coldly.

"I'm serious cap. I won't take Irene away from you. You know that I love dancing but handling a bunch of people is not my forte." I replied.

"Fine. I won't ask you anymore about that. Just don't take Irene away from me." Seulgi pointed towards me.