Chapter 39

Third Person's POV

"The next pair will be, Jennie Kim and Lalisa Manoban."

Hearing those words made Lisa to freeze on her seat. The moment that their teacher calls her name sends her to the depths of despair. The blonde girl was starting to think that bad luck must have been her last name. Lisa lowered her head down to hide whatever emotion she's feeling right now but the continuously teasing coming from her two friends behind her is not helping.

Jennie on the other hand was stunned as well. She didn't imagined that she would be paired to the person that she's been avoiding for days. The reason why she's avoiding that blonde is because she started to feel something weird since that day she took Lisa home. Rosѐ's clinginess towards the blonde makes her feel somewhat annoyed.

The feline take a look where Lisa was seating and saw how ChaeSoo teased her. Lisa was at the verge of yelling those two behind her but knowing that they're still in class, she was left with no other choice but to injure their teasing. Jennie giggled softly knowing that she's the reason why they are teasing her. But suddenly, her eyes narrowed when she saw that Nayeon was also doing the same thing to the blonde.

"Why would you tease the one that you're dating to another person?" Jennie said to herself. She diverted her eyes away from them and decided to just focus on their today's lesson.

Their class has ended which made Lisa sighed in relief. Finally she was able to smack these two girls with all of her might. She was completely helpless a while ago and what annoyed her more is when Nayeon joined them.

Lisa hurriedly leave the classroom and dashed away towards the cafeteria making the two girls run also. And of course, having long legs is really an advantage for the blonde. She reached the cafeteria with no sweat.

The blonde took a seat and waited for them in a relaxing manner. When she finally saw the two figures coming in, Lisa quickly acted cocky. Rosѐ and Jisoo went towards the table where Lisa is. The both of them are panting and glaring at the blonde.

"Yah! Why did you run like that?" Jisoo whined.

"Who told you to run too?" Lisa said innocently. The two was stopped for a moment.

"Yeah Jisoo, why do we run?" Rosѐ asked with her eyebrows furrowed.

"I-I-I don't know!" Jisoo said panicking.

Rosѐ and Jisoo continued to blame each other which made Lisa to burst out in laughter.

"You guys are silly." Lisa said between her laughs while pointing at the two. The two look at each other first before they start attacking Lisa. They ended up bickering with each other which was only stopped when they heard a cough coming from someone near them.

"Can I join you for lunch?" Jennie said. She was observing them for a while from the other table. It took a lot of courage for her to go near them. Lisa stare at the feline and blink for a few times, wondering why suddenly Jennie wants to have lunch with them.

"Where are you going?" Rosѐ asked when she noticed that the blonde was about to leave. Lisa smiled weakly and looked at the feline for a second.

"Is it okay for me to be here?" Lisa asked, still looking at Jennie. Jisoo eyed the both of worriedly while Rosѐ was waiting for Jennie's answer.

Jennie felt a sudden pang of pain hit her chest when she saw the sadness mirrored from Lisa's eyes. The feline knew that she doesn't have the right to complain since she was the very reason why Lisa was like that.

"Of course. You don't need to leave." Jennie said, giving the blonde the assurance she needed.

"I just don't want to hear some hurtful words again." Lisa whispered but Jennie caught all of that. The feline was slowly engulfed with guilt. She wants to apologize for what she has said to the blonde but Jennie clearly knew that an apology wouldn't be enough.