Chapter 30

*A/N: I'm going to be posting this story and Being Yours on AO3 ... soo... follow me there... subscribe and leave Kudos... I'm back... teehee :) *

Gia's POV

I woke up with a pounding in my head. I knew it had happened again. There wasn't anything I could do about it. It must've scared the team. I had never told them about the lapses. Honestly, I never thought they would occur again. I got up in my bed, swinging my legs to the side. My head was pounding. I felt a sting of pain and realized that they had bandaged up the wound. Loki hadn't healed me after the lapse. I didn't expect him to. I rested my bare feet to the cold infirmary floor, walking towards the door. I looked outside to notice Bruce and Tony working on something. More like arguing. Tony noticed me lurking, "Gia," he said. Bruce turned around. "Go back to bed, kid." he added.

"I'm fine. Trust me. These things happen all the time." I replied, giving them a small smile. But they looked concerned. More concerned than usual. Bruce hadn't said a word. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about these... lapses, but I didn't think they would happen again."

Bruce started leading me back into the room, onto my bed. Tony followed close by. "Gia, I don't think you know." Bruce saaid. I looked at both of them in question. Tony dropped his head. I had never seen him like this. It scared me. Just watching him feel... helpless. "Tony told you about your heart, right?"

"Yeah. The chitauri core is what emphasizes my powers. But it's also what gives me these lapses."

"Well," he paused, taking in a sharp breath, "Everytime you have these lapses, your heart stops for a good minute, creating that field around you. That field rests above your head for at least ten minutes. But," Bruce stopped talking. He looked back at Tony.

"Your heart is slowing down. Every Time you have a lapse, it gets even slower." Tony finished for him.

I dropped my head, "You think it's going to stop, don't you?" I asked. Bruce didn't look up at me. I took Tony's hands in mine, "I'm dying."

He looked up at me giving me a small nod. "We tried everything." he said. I gave his hands a squeeze, giving him reassurance. "I'm sorry."

"Tony. You have nothing to be sorry for. I promise you." I paused looking at Bruce, "I always knew I was going to die young. Now I know I'm already there." Bruce sat down beside Tony and me. "Am I going to be in pain?" I asked. They couldn't answer. I took that as a "Do you have the serum?" I asked Bruce. He knew what I was talking about. He didn't respond. "Can I have it if the pain gets too bad?"

"You're not going to need it. I'm going to make sure of it." Tony said. "We're going try harder to come up with a solution."

"Thank you." I looked at through my glazed tears. I wasn't afraid of death anymore. Not when it was politely knocking at my door. I realized why I always felt so tired and restless after these missions. I knew now why strenuous activity always had me breathing heavily. It wasn't because I didn't have the ability, it was because my heart couldn't handle it. "Is the core disintegrating?"

Bruce nodded, "It's slowly shrinking. Once it's the size of a pebble, we'll have three days before..."

"It's okay." I asid. It was followed by silence. I didn't know what I was supposed to do in this situation. I was dying; was I supposed to comfort the ones around me? Instantly, Loki came to my mind. "Does he know? Does Loki know?" I was afraid of what it might do to him. I was to die then he wouldn't trust Thor, he didn't have anyone in this world or his world.

Tony shook his head. "I think you woke up in the middle of the night. He tried to talk to you but you didn't remember him. You thought he was going to hurt you and he just," Tony waved his hand, "Ran away."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What do you mean ran away? You don't know where he is?"

"He just took off. Thor tried to stop him, but the guy looked devastated" Bruce clarified.

I nodded, "Can I go back to my room? I hate these infirmary rooms." Tony gave me a squinted eye look, "Please?" He rolled his eyes and put his hand behind my back. He told Bruce something before we left and led me to my room. I thanked him for everything to which he rolled his eyes one more time. I closed the door behind him, falling onto my back, letting a few tears slip by. They turned into a heavy sob. I didn't WANT to die. I never even wanted to be like this. But everything happens for a reason. I kept thinking about all the outcomes of what Loki would say once he knows what's going to happen. I turned over to my side, sleep taking over my thoughts.

****************************************************************************************

I heard the door knob click as someone entered my room. I opened my eyes and sat up. It was Loki, standing in the door; confused, whether or not he should enter. I put my hand out towards him, gesturing him to come inside. He smiled, looking relieved. He took a seat beside me, still very conscious about being near me. I placed my arms around his torso, resting my head on his chest. He finally relaxed and put his arms around me, resting his head on mine. "I will never forget you, my Prince." I told him. He kissed the top of my crown.

I looked up at him and he placed a kiss on my forehead, "Have you any idea, how worried you made me?" he whispered. I could hear his heart starting to beat faster. 

"I'm sorry." I whispered back. I placed my hand on his cheek, "I'm so sorry."

"For a second I thought," he paused, resting his forehead on mine, "You weren't coming back." I opened my eyes to notice his shut with cold relief washing over them. I smiled to myself. He cared about me enough to worry himself to this measure. I leaned in, placing my lips on his. He finally gave into the moment, realizing that I was there with him. I was safe. I could feel a wave of alleviation flow through him. He pulled away, opening his eyes, "I'm sorry for vanishing."

I laughed, "It's alright."

"Darling promise me," he placed his cold hands, gently on the crisp of my cheek, "Promise me you will never leave before telling me." his eyes grew with compassion. I searched for a way to divert his promise. But I couldn't. I just noticed his small smile and decided I couldn't tell him the news of my heart at this moment. On the other hand, I couldn't give him a promise that I couldn't keep. There was an unspecified expiry date, hanging over my head. He raised his eyebrows in question.

I tore my gaze away from his, "I can't."

"What? Why?" He whispered, sounding almost broken to hear my words. I had never told him no out of question.

"I'll tell you everything you need to know. Just not right now..." I paused resting my head on his chest.

He put his arms around my torso, "Alright, my love."

Author's Note:
Oof. Sorry for the late LATE update. I had such a huge writer's block. I figured it'll be better to publish something small instead of waiting any longer. I'll keep updating now. I have some ideas. Angst is right up my alley :0 :)

Yours
--ImaginesLoki