Chapter 14

*A/N: VOTE AND COMMENT!!!*

Gia's POV:

Everything was going well. It had been three weeks since my 'spar' with Loki. The avengers were almost always out on missions while I stayed inside the tower. I still wasn't ready, according to Tony. Loki would be at SHIELD headquarters while the Avengers would be out on missions. I never knew what Director Fury did in those meetings with Loki. We had a training session once, after their meeting. He was kind of angry but he seemed worried as well. I tried to ask him about it but he just blew it off. He told me not to worry about it. He was being really careful around all of us. He tried his best not say rude or snarky things. But he would fail when Thor came around doing something stupid. Or when Clint gets shot in a mission and Loki has to use his powers to somewhat heal him. He wouldn't bother Bruce at all. I was appalled at their way of life. They look so happy. Everyone had a special connection towards each other. They had included me into their world. Tony and Bruce were like the science brother I would read in the books Fortune gave me. Steve and Thor would like talking about the good old days when we would watch a movie. Clint and Natasha were the best of friends. Nothing could create a wedge between them. They were almost siblings. Vision and Wanda had something going on that Natasha and I still had to figure out. Natasha and I had created a strong, sister-like bond. She woke me up in the middle of the night to prank Clint and levitate his bed in the sir one night. Wanda and I, had caught up on a lot. I was pretty sure she reported everything I told her to Tony, but I didn't mind. But some things were just kept to ourselves. I even saw the bifrost. Thor had to go see his father for some reason, but Loki stayed behind. Although everyone had opened up to me in those months, Loki still shut away some topics. He would get angry if I would talk about his father. We were training one day, when I was talking about Odin. He told me not to take his name before him. I asked him why, but he won't tell me. I gave him his space. He had started talking to us and hanging out with us in the tower. He would heal small wounds of our teammates, which would make him kinda tired later. Clint still couldn't stand the guy. He knew it wasn't his fault but he still couldn't talk to him bearing that fact in mind. Loki and I... I don't know. I'd say we're close friends, but I know he likes his distance. I would find him sitting in kitchen, with a glass of water in his hands, while I would go for a mid-night snack. He would give me a smile but I never questioned him. My 'magic' had grown stronger since he started training me. He taught me a few Asgardian spells. They were mostly prank spells. I'm proud to say that I turned Steve into a golden retriever for three hours. When he turned back into his handsome self, he laughed and applauded my skills. Loki just stayed back and enjoyed the chaos it created. So I was alone in the tower, once again, reading the same old books from Fortune. I wish he saw me like this. I missed him so very much. The Avengers had found a clue on a major weapons dealer and Loki was at one of the meetings with Director Fury. I kept the book down and went towards the kitchen to fix dinner. I heard the elevator open and saw Loki coming into the room. He casually suaved into a simple, loose green sweater. He groaned as he plummeted into the couch. I didn't think he had seen me just yet. "So..." I made him aware of my presence. "Want something to eat?" I asked.

He turned and placed his chin on the couch, "If you would be so kind... Will you please fix me some of my tea?"

I smiled, "Of course," I put the kettle to boil and went to sit down next to him. "If you won't get mad, do you wanna tell me what's wrong?"

"Mad? Why would be mad? I've left madness behind. I'm not ma--"

"Angry. If you won't get angry, do you wanna tell me what's wrong?"

He dropped his head with a smile, "I..." He sighed and looked up. "I don't know how much more time," he leaned his head back on the soft backrest, "the people would need, to understand that I'm not here to hurt them. I have signed with the Avengers. I'm here to redeem myself. The cell in Asgard would suit me fair. This place, not so much."