Chapter 61/Deliver

Hi, so, this is just a treat for you guys. I'm still on hiatus but I thought it'd be nice to publish a chapter since I finished writing it a while ago. Uhh, expect some of the writing to be different since I just recently edited it.

--

The snow had begun to melt, turning into an unpleasant slush around March. It hadn't lasted long enough to be fun and yet wasn't melted enough to just be puddles. How gloomy. Though, to be fair, it was always like around this time of year. (Y/n) wasn't quite fond of the weather around this time of year.

It was raining again today. The sky was clouded over in grey with the clouds blocking the sunlight. (Y/n) didn't plan on going outside today since she could always go on a nicer day. She gazed out the window as she walked down the hallway. Raindrops raced down the glass, melding into larger raindrops as they made contact.

She found the weather dreary but eventually, spring would come around. However, for now, she would have to deal with this dreadful weather. (Y/n) fiddled with the cuffs of the blazer. She already handed in all her assignments and completed her homework. America had actually called her earlier to ask for help. She guided him through the questions the best she could.

(She was almost touched that he had chosen to ask her of all people.)

Not long after they ended the call, she decided to get out of her dorm. Unsurprisingly, wandering the school was one of her pastimes. Could you blame her? The school was giant. Somehow, she felt like the school always had hidden passages no matter how much she thought she had explored.

(Y/n) stopped looking out the window. She leaned against the ledge and pulled out her phone. There were a few notifications that she checked and a few she wasn't interested in. Pocketing the phone, she couldn't help but sigh. Maybe she'll visit town tomorrow. It's got to be better than staying inside and she knew Liechtenstein been wanting to go to the cafe.

(She promised to go with her.)

She paused her melodramatics of boredom at the sound of footsteps. She turned her head in the direction of the footsteps and found Canada with a pile of folders and papers in his arms. Everything was stacked so high, he could probably only just barely see over it. His glasses were slightly crooked and a few stray hairs were present in his usually neat wavy hair.

"Hello, Matthew," she acknowledged with a wave.

"Hello, (Y/n)," he answered, likely distracted by his papers.

Pushing herself away from the window, she took a few steps to get to him. A few papers had slipped from his stack which she shuffled back into place. He quietly thanked her.

"How are you?" he inquired kindly.

"I've been well," (Y/n) said. "How about you? You seem busy."

"I offered to deliver paperwork for the office and well, here I am." He gave a half shrug and smiled.

"Would you like help?"

"Oh! Um, it's alright, really," he denied quickly.

"I insist."

Canada sighed but chuckled fondly. (Y/n) took it as a sign he accepted and moved to pick up half of his pile. But, before she did that, she adjusted his glasses so they rested comfortably and weren't crooked. He went crossed-eyed for a second before a faint red blush took over.

(Cute.)

"Your glasses were crooked," she said, taking half of the papers.

His blush darkened just a tab bit. "Oh, thank you."

"So," (Y/n) beamed. "Where to first?"

He peered over her to see the top paper in her arms before telling her. They were starting on the ground floor and then making their way up. It was easier than going up and down the stairs all the time. Thankfully, the office had organized the papers beforehand which meant they didn't have to rearrange everything floor by floor.

"How long have you been delivering these documents?" (Y/n) asked as she placed a paper on a desk.

"Probably around half an hour before I ran into you." He paused to check the time. "I wasn't going around for long."

She hummed and nodded. They exited the classroom, closing the door behind them and proceeded to the next room. She wasn't sure why the office had so many documents. They had probably procrastinated in sending them out, resulting in Canada offering to help. Well, better now than never.

"Have your classes been alright?" (Y/n) offhandedly asked.

"They've been alright. The beginning of the semester is never as hard as the end, eh?"

"True."

The two of them talked while they walked and before long, they were going up to the second floor. The conversation circled around school things for a little while before they moved on.

"You like anime?"

"Yeah." An almost embarrassed blush took over Canada's face.

"You should join me and Kiku sometime," she offered.

"Really?"

"Mhm. We can exchange numbers if you'd like."

He stammered a little and (Y/n) was sure that if he wasn't holding paperwork, he would have been flailing his arms around. After assuring him it was most likely alright for him to join them, they briefly put down the piles of paper to exchange phone numbers.

(Hopefully, Japan would be okay with this.)

The second floor had far more things to deliver. Why did the school need so many classrooms again? There were what, 200 some odd students actually here? At some point, Canada had asked if she wanted to play 20 questions which she agreed to.

"What's your favourite colour?"

"If I had to pick, I'd say (f/c). You?"

"I like red."

"Same colour as your flag, hm? Favourite food?"

"Pancakes with maple syrup."

The game continued on for a good long while. They certainly asked more than 20 questions though neither of them was counting. (Y/n) learned a lot about Canada during the game. Some miscellaneous things like how he liked to play hockey and lacrosse, some less so like how even if America was annoying at times, he was still his brother.

It was nice, just talking and learning random things about each other. They finished up delivering the paperwork sometime after 4 and parted ways with the agreement to hang out sometime. Opening her phone, (Y/n) scrolled not far to find Japan's number.

She had to confirm with him after all.

--

Just a reminder I'm still on hiatus but I hoped you guys enjoyed this treat. Thanks for reading!