Chapter 8/Days Go By

Intermission time! Takes place in the current year. Now, this is the first school day after chapter 7 so it's a Monday. So, I was listening to Fall in Love, Mademoiselle and you know how the last line is "mon cher amour"? Well, in French, there's the whole masculine and feminine words so the last words "mon cher amour" indicates that the person is male. If France was talking about a female it would be "ma chère amour".

--

(Y/n) walked calmly through the hallways of World Academy. Her steps were as soft feathers on the marble floor. She walked with her bag over one shoulder and a book in her hands. Her eyes glided over the words slowly while still glancing up to make sure she didn't walk into a wall.

(She remembered the time she accidentally walked into a wall. It wasn't pleasant.)

She strolled alone for a while until someone called out to her.

"Hey!"

She stopped abruptly to see who was talking to her. In front of her was Poland followed by Lithuania. She waved slowly as the pair walked closer to her.

(They never really talked much together.)

"Hello, Poland, Lithuania," she greeted with a nod at the two of them.

"Good morning, (Y/n)," Lithuania smiled.

"Hello, (N/n)," Poland said.

"What class do you have for the first period?" (Y/n) said in an attempt to make conversation with the two European nations.

(She felt like if it was awkward it would be her fault. Her insecurities hissed at her.)

"I have like, science but Liet totally has maths," Poland pouted at the thought of being separated from Lithuania.

"What about you?" Lithuania asked.

She stopped for a second to recall what subject she had.

"I have history for first period," she answered.

"Ah."

"By the way, what do you like, think about my new accessories," Poland asked, holding up his bag that had many accessories attached to it.

(Some of the accessories were things that she got for Poland in some of her previous boxes.)

(Y/n) looked at the bag to judge it. It was cute with everything on it and much less bland than normal bags.

"It's cute and isn't bland," she said.

"Thank you!" Poland squealed at the compliment.

Lithuania smiled as he checked the time on his watch. "We have to go now. We'll see you later."

The three of them bid goodbye to each other. (Y/n) smiled as they walked away and she opened her book again. Walking slowly through the hallways until she made her way to her classroom. She opened the wooden door and stepped inside. Today, she wasn't the first to arrive.

Inside was England, sitting in his usual seat. He looked better and less hungover from Friday when he went on a drinking spree.

"Good morning, England," she said as she made her way to her own seat.

"Good morning, love," he replied.

(Now, doesn't this feel like deja vu?)

"How are you?" she asked, settling her belongings onto her desk.

(It was considerate for her to be worried, after all, the last she saw of him, he had fainted and she brought him to his dorm.)

"I am doing well, how about you?" England asked, his green eyes focused on her.

(Y/n) inclined her head, "I'm am fine as well. Thank you for asking."

It was quiet after that.

(It was naturally quiet. They were never intentionally loud people.)

O.o.O

Ever since England started wanting to know who brought him back to his dorm after he went drinking, he started running through a list. He went over possible nations that could've helped him.

There were a few obvious ones that it couldn't have been just based on the way their relationship with each other was. By the end of the weekend, he was frustrated that he didn't know who it was that helped him.

(Since when was it this hard to find a person to thank?)

He swore to find the nation no matter what.

O.o.O

Sitting in his seat and chatting with his classmate, (Y/n), England feels as though he forgot something. He brushed this sensation away as his other more annoying classmates began entering the room. He pulled out his notebook and pens afterwards as the teacher arrived.

He listened to every word of the lecture but he couldn't help it when his eyes automatically drifted over to (Y/n). He wonders why. He wonders about many things. He paid half-hearted attention to class that day.

(He forgot to consider (Y/n) on his list of who could have helped him.)

O.o.O

(Y/n) picked up her belongings as her last class was dismissed. The teacher lets everyone go a few minutes before the bell rings and the class empties the room. She exits near the end to avoid the stampede of other students rushing to get out. She walked through the hallways swiftly. Nothing too interesting had happened today but she did get a lot of homework. Hopefully, she could finish it before dinner.

(She wonders what she should have.)

The sun was still bright and shining in the afternoon. Most students were out in the fields playing with each other. Many people were with their friends. She was almost jealous.

(She had no such friends. But... did Italy, Japan and Germany count as friends? Were they her friends? What is their relationship as of the moment?)

She hadn't seen the trio at all today. Perhaps they were avoiding her? Or maybe they were just sick. Why would she care? They only invited her to lunch that one time because they were group members. She sighed and continued walking to her dorm. She could only hope no nightmares would invade her mind tonight with the number of negative thoughts she had now.

(Her monsters crackled cruelly.) 

--

More development happening in this chapter. I hope I can get more characters introduced soon. Thanks for reading!