Chapter 10

“You haven’t found a replacement yet? It’s been a couple of days already, Hwa Young.” PD-nim asks me.

“I called for a lot of idols, but their schedules were tight.” I say and look down.

Suddenly there is a knock on the door.

“Come in.” PD-nim says and she walks in. Iris.

“Oh, PD-nim!” She says in a high pitched voice and greets him. He greets back.

“What brings you here?” He asks her.

“Oh, I heard from a friend that you were shooting a dating show. So, I wanted to drop by to see how everything’s going.” She says and smiles.

“Actually we’re having a bit of a problem already.” He says.

“What is it? Can I help in any way?” She says, ever so innocently.

“Absolutely, yes! Hwa Young, you didn’t call Violeta’s manager? What were you thinking?” PD-nim directs his anger at me.

“Oh, please. Its alright. She must have forgotten. So, how can I help you?” She says, in her whiny voice.

“You need to take part in the show. Please don’t say no.” He says. She points at herself and goes ‘Me?’ which is all so fake. As if she didn’t really come for this.

She acts as if she’s thinking it over and then ever so gently places one leg on top of another as she sits.

“Since our comeback is not near, I can see and clear up my schedule. What do I have to do?” She asks, with an evil smile on her face.

“Perfect! You’ve saved us Iris!” PD-nim bursts out.

“Oh its nothing.” She says.

“Hwa Young, take her through everything. Explain every little detail and start shooting from tomorrow itself.” He orders and I nod.

I walk out and Iris follows me.

“You seem familiar. Have I seen you somewhere?” She says and I turn back to her.

“I doubt that. Maybe when I’m filming?” I say and keep walking.

“Maybe.” She says and follows. I tell her she will be working with Jungkook and everything related to the show.

“Since its not scripted, you will have to improvise reactions and other things. Will that be fine? If you have any doubts, you can just ask me.” I say.

“I’m good at reactions. By the way, what about skinship?” She asks, with that same evil smirk of hers.

“Minimal. It’ll be better for both you and Jungkook.” I say and turn my head away from her. I explain everything to her and she leaves afterwards.

I give a heads up for the managers to bring BTS to the set tomorrow. Since everything including cameras, makeup, outfits, etc. was ready, I decide it was time to head home.

Next day~

Our team had to come up earlier today to set up cameras in place. Everyone is on set and the boys have gone for their makeup and hair. Same for the girls. Everyone except Iris.

“Where is she? Call her manager right now.” I tell one of the managers.

“They said she’ll be here with full makeup and hair in a few minutes.” He says after ending the call. Why is she so hard to work with? We haven’t even started shooting yet.

All girls and boys come out and I make them sit in a circle.

“Important instructions you all need to keep in mind. Be aware of the cameras but when doing tasks, don’t be too aware, otherwise you’ll not be able to focus on the task. The tasks will be simple and you can get competitive for some, but keep in mind that you’re all on camera. Do not curse, under any circumstances! Since this is non-scripted, you need to have impromptu reactions. I think you all can manage that easily. And most of all, enjoy. Any questions?” I say and end my speech. Jungkook’s hand goes up.

“Who is my partner?” He asks, poker face. I realize this is the first time in a long time that I’ve let myself look at him.

“She’ll be here in a few…” I say when someone cuts me.