Chapter 26

Same Day...

Ari. PO.V

We pulled up to the house and I took a deep breath. "You good" Dave asked me while i just stared out of the window. "Yes, I'm fine" I replied. "I'm just glad that I am back and survived the whole thing" I said making him make a face. 

"Don't talk like that mamas" he said touching my leg causing me to tense. "It's true though, but can we go inside I want to see the girls" I asked opening the door. 

We walked inside of the house and I saw everyone in his living room except for the boys since they were with us looking surprised. 

They all bombarded me with hugs and asking if I was okay. "Y'all I am fine I promise" I said putting on a smile. They all looked at me weird for a second and then nodded. "Where are the girls" I asked not seeing them. "They upstairs sleep but we gonna let y'all be" Shoota said and looked at everyone with a serious look. 

Everyone grabbed their stuff and walked out. "You need help going upstairs" Dave asked. "No I'm good" I said. I just want everyone to stop treating me like I'm broken or something. 

We walked into Kairi's room to see her cookie and Kaila on the floor with the giant lego set. Cookie was the first to notice me and ran towards me as I rubbed her head. After about a good minute Kailai and Kairi finally noticed and ran and crawled towards me and Dave. 

"I missed you mommy" Kairi said as I picked her up. "I missed you to baby and you" I said to Kaila who Dave was holding that was reaching towards me. I don't know what I would have done if I would have been away from them much longer. 

"See now y'all have her back so y'all can stop crying every night and Kaila so you can stop throwing up from drinking formula..thankfully" he said mumbling the last part. Switching the girls I said "Aw my little tink tink I'm so sorry" making her giggle. 

"Mommy can we have a fun day" Kairi asked with pleading eyes. I didn't really have the energy to do much of nothing but I thought that we could do something slight and hopefully I'll be able to do something with them tomorrow. 

"How about we get snacks and pizza and we can watch movies and eat in Mommy and Daddy's room and have a fun day tomorrow" I said making her eyes light up. "Yayy" she said. "Okay you Kairi you go get ready to take a bath after you clean up you toys and I'll go get the tub ready" I said as she went and cleaned up her toys. 

Walking to me and Dave's room I sat at the edge of the bed. I need to stop saying our room because it is technically his room  now that we aren't together anymore. 

"Are you okay with what I said" I asked him making eye contact then breaking it quickly. "Yes it's fine" he said nodding. "I'll go get some snack while you bathe them" he said and walked out the room. 

Something seemed off about him and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it was about the situation but it wasn't his fault, or maybe the fact that he killed his girlfriend, but I will find out sooner or later. Hopefully

After we all showered we watched movies until the girls fell asleep and we lied them in their bed and cleaned up. 

"Are you okay"? I asked Dave when we finished and was was getting ready for bed ourselves. "Yes I'm fine are you okay"? he asked me in return. "Yup" I said popping the P. "look I'm sorry for what happ-" I cut him off "Don't be sorry it wasn't your fault, you told me you didn't trust him that's my fault I didn't listen to your judgement" I said. "But-" "No David it's fine I'm going in the other room goodnight" I said grabbing my phone charger along with the phone. 

"You don't have to but goodnight" he said getting in the bed as I walked out the room. 

Going in the other room after trying to get comfortable for 20 minutes I went back in our old room. As I opened the door her turned over and looked at me. "You forget something" 

"No but can I sleep in hear instead" I asked with curiosity high in voice. "Yeah come on" he said scooting over. 

I climbed in the bed and put my head on his chest as he wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my forehead. "Goodnight mamas"

"Good night" 

......................................

-798 words

-Haven't updated in a long time