Chapter 27: The King and his Queen

Start from the beginning

"Oh," Noah's face fell.

"I can still give you whatever you wish," Aleksei said, reading the troubled expression on Noah's face. "Ask me anything and it'll be yours."

"No, I'm okay."

Aleksei's brows furrowed.

"I offer you an infinity of options, from vast kingdoms to pots of golds, and you offer me rejection?" he scowled, slightly taken aback.

"Having you by my side is more than enough," he giggled squeezing Aleksei's hand.

Noah noticed a twig on the ground and quickly picked it up. He turned towards Aleksei with an excited smile.

"Can you kneel on one leg?"

"I'd rather not."

"Please?"

"Are you going to hit me with your stick?"

"No, of course not!"

Aleksei hesitated, but kneeled on one knee, glancing at Noah with his bright blue eyes. Noah exhaled slowly before raising the stick and gently tapping Aleksei on the right shoulder before his left.

"I hereby name thee, Aleksei Griffon, king of the New Empire."

Aleksei raised his brows.

"New Empire?" he repeated.

Noah nodded. "To restore greatness to the world and bring back peace."

Aleksei frowned. "Noah..."

"Do you accept to be king?"

"I can't be a king without people," he reminded him.

"You have one standing in front of you," Noah smiled. Aleksei raised a brow but decided to go along with the fake coronation.

"Yes, Noah Sorin, I solemnly promise to be your king," he promised. Noah felt butterflies in his stomach when Aleksei said 'your'.

Noah nodded in satisfaction, pretending to put an imaginary crown on his head.

"Then go conquer the world Aleksei," he whispered. Aleksei stood on both feet and pulled Noah towards him.

"Though, I'll need a queen to do that," he said in a husky voice, making Noah blush. He leaned in and kissed Noah on the lips, and then on the cheek, then his chin, and continued leaving trails of kisses down his neck. "Be mine," he whispered in a low, husky voice against Noah's collarbone, his minty breath making Noah shiver.

Aleksei raised his gaze towards him with eager eyes and Noah ran his hands through Aleksei's hair. Aleksei looked handsome from every angle.

"Always," he promised. Aleksei's eyes widened, but before he could attack Noah with more kisses, Noah asked, "What did you want to show me?"

"Oh right, I forgot about that," Aleksei grumbled hoarsely, forcing himself to pull away from Noah. "It's not very far from here, it shouldn't take long."

They walked further up the hill until stopping in front of a wide lake. The lake was still without a ripple almost as if time itself had been frozen. The tall pines around the lake were silent too, with no movement of the branches, no birds calling. Everything was serene and quiet and Noah felt like they had stepped into a completely different word, one where time and reality didn't exist.

"It's nothing special," Aleksei said, running a hand through his dark hair. "This was my escape place when I was king. The castle was always noisy and busy, vampires were always demanding to see me and asking me to make important decisions."