Wendy Returns to Canada

Wendy's P.O.V

"Eomma!!" I screamed jumping into the arms of my lovely and absolutely gorgeous mom.

"My sweet sweet daughter, it's been so long. You look absolutely beautiful but you seem to have lost weight." She said frowning as i chuckled.

Same as always.

"Don't worry mom i'm healthy. I've been a lot better these past few months. And i'm so happy to see you!" I said breaking off from our hug and looking around to see if my dad was home.

My mom signed knowing what i was doing.

"Your father isn't home." She said sadly, giving me a sympathetic smile. I shrugged off the wave of sadness that engulfed me and smiled trying to act like it didn't bother me.

"Ah! Whatever, as long as i have my mother with me i'm fine. Also! Is Seunghee unnie around?" I asked as my mom nodded happily.

"Yeah, she'll be here later this afternoon. How about you visit your old room and i'll get some snacks prepared. I'm sure your extremely tired so just sleep the rest of the day, okay?" My mom said as i nodded and skipped my way to my old room.

As i entered and closed the door i suddenly felt sad. Remembering all the sweet moments i had with my father here, where he used to play me the piano and my mom would sometimes join along by singing.

Both my parents were and still are, very interested in music. And i think thats where i got my talent and passion for it too.

They would occasionally send me to singing lessons as a fun activity in Canada but it was when i told them i wanted to be an idol singer is where everything changed.

One of my dads female friend had entered the kpop industry and things had been extremely hard for her. My dad saw her go through so much and those days still haunt my dad.

The only specific thing i knew was that she was apparently raped and was sexually harrassed as a women. Things had gotten so bad for her that she had come to point of killing herself, and thats where my dad got his hate for the kpop industry and its insane and disgusting ways.

Of course being so terrified of the industry but having your daughter want to be a part of it was ten times worse. I knew it the moment i saw kpop idols on stage and seeing them sing and dance their hearts out that i wanted to be a singer.

At that time it was only my mother who wished me to persure my dreams. I had moved to Daegu secretly and thats when i met Yoongi as well. I was originally supposed to audition for both Cube and Bighit Entertianment but i moved cities after the whole breakup incident.

That's where i auditioned for SM and was accepted. All this happened with my dad's complete disapproval, if it hadn't been for my mom paying for my rent and flight to Daegu then i might have never been where i am now.

My mom is my soul, my living breath, and my literal everything. She came all the way from Canada to help me move my stuff from Daegu to Busan and she also is the only one in my family who knew about my toxic relationship with Yoongi.

Busan(Where i moved to and joined SM) is also where i met Mark and Eunji, my now two bestest of friends who i trust with my whole entire heart.

My dad to this day never forgave me for disobeying his rules and for following my dreams which caused him to go through so much pain and trauma in the past.

He usually isn't home, mostly working. And i almost haven't see him in 2 years. Everytime i visit it's probably only for a day and i usually inform my family whenever i  visit. Each time he isn't home, either working or out with his friends.

Don't get me wrong, he isn't some sort of alcoholic or some lazy abuser, he actually works a well paid and respected job and is a huge stem for our family growth.

But it's just he wasn't really the most comfortable with me since i decided to persure my dreams of singing.

He has been cold and detached to me since the day i moved to Daegu. And i haven't seen him for so long and even though i say it's okay, i know it's not.

I know i choose this path for myself but that doesn't mean that this still doesn't hurt.

I almost was the verge of tears when my mom knocked on the door saying she had prepared some fruit.

I swallowed down the tears and saddness and opened the door for my mom with a bright smile on my face.

I am 100% sure that my mom knows that i'm sad and thats its frustrating for me to see dad become so distant with me but she never said a word and i love her for that.

She knows i can handle myself and i know she'll definitely be there when things gets too tough but right now, all i need is just to be in her presence.

"Here you go sweetie. I cut up some fruits for you," She said entering my room and placing thr tray of fruits on my floral printed bed. "Eat up and then go to sleep. You can meet your older sister tomorrow alright?" She asked me as i nodded enthusiastically.

Mom left the room and i was all alone again. I sat by the tray of fruit and ate some up already feeling a little full.

Currently Red Velvet were ona break so we all decided to visit our families.

Yoongi wasn't really happy about it but he new i really wanted to visit my family so here we are.

And if you were wondering me and Yoongi and officially dating and i swear i couldn't be more happier.

In all this saddness and struggles he probably is my only source of happiness just like it was back in Daegu.

But i hope things don't turn as bad as they did then.

Yes i know it's been nearly 5 years but still i have some insecurities and struggles.

And i can't just push them away or just ignore them, trust me i've learned the hard way that keeping in these negative emotions is just gonna cause you more troubles in the future.

And so i feel asleep at the side of my bed thinking of random things and having unsual thoughts, like i always do.

But i texted Yoongi about my safe arrival before doing so.

I fell in a huge gaping sleep, and nothing could wake me up until the sharpness of sunlight hit my blinded eyes.

I woke up, feeling a little lazy and hungry as well. Of courae i had only eaten a tray of fruits the whole day.

I sat up from my bed seeing in as i was already tucked in bed, the blanket over my lap.

Mom must have pushed in bed when i fell asleep earlier. I wonder what time it is and how long i've slept.

I hope Seunghee unnie is home by now.

I grabbed my phone from the side table and checked the time shocked that it was 11am in the morning.

But i arrived at noon....

"Fuck!" I yelled realizing that i slept through all day yesterday. It has already been a day since i've been home and i slept through all of it.

Wow, i must have really been tired these past few days to sleep for so long.

I got out of bed and immediately started unpacking my things in a hurry. I hadn't gotten the time to unpack yesterday.

After i was done with some of my clothes which were hanged and placed in my wooden closet i picked a casual outfit, sweatpants and a simple grey shirt, and headed to fill the need of my hungry stomach. Hoping mom was awake by now.

"Mom can i have some waffles...." I started but stopped when i saw what was happeneing in the kitchen.

Oh my mom was making waffles alright.

For a grinnig Yoongi who was sitting innocently on the dinner table. My presence unnoticed by the two as they talked.

What the fuck.