Chapter thirty six

*one month later*

Nico purred loudly, rubbing against Percy's side. Percy smiled, rubbing his thigh. "Nico. Do you want anything?" Nico shook his head. "I'll get it myself." Percy rubbed his stomach, but nodded. "All right. Be careful." Nico nodded and pushed himself up, walking into the kitchen. He opened the cabinet and stood on his tiptoed, reaching up to grab a cup. He waddled over to the fridge, but before he could reach it, he gasped and dropped the cup. It shattered on impact with the floor, making Percy run in. "Nico! Are you okay? Did you... Did you Just...." Nico looked down with side eyes, staring at the floor beneath him. Water was dripping from his legs, a big puddle under his feet. Percy bit his  lip, holding out his hands. "Come here. Step over the glass." Nico jumped into Percy's arms, narrowly missing the glass. Percy helped him lean against the wall, staring at him. "Are you okay?" "Im-" Nico started, but cut off with a scream. "Holy crap! Nico, do not move!" "Really?! I was going to go for a walk!" Percy rolled his eyes and grabbed his phone, calling Jason. "Percy? I'm a little busy-" "Its Nico. I think his water just broke-" Nico groaned loudly, gasping as he clutched his stomach. "Oh god. He's a month early... Get him to the hospital as fast as you can." Percy nodded and hung up, grabbing Nico and carrying him to the car, speeding to the hospital.

Jason helped Nico onto the bed, ordering Percy to grab his stuff. Percy handed him the tray of supplies, standing by the door. "Percy, get over here. Hold Nico's hand, do not let go." Percy nodded taking Nico's hand. Jason cut Nico's shirt in half, bearing his plump stomach. Jason drew a line across his stomach, then grabbed a scalpel and cut the skin. Percy bit his lip, directing his attention to Nico. His face was red, covered with tears, and contorted with pain. Percy bit his lip, looking down at his feet. Jason wiped the sweat off his face with his wrist, looking up at Percy. "Percy, hold this for me." Jason handed him a bloody paper towel and Percy felt his stomach flip. "Here, I need help." Percy looked over as Jason cut deeper, moving some of the organs. Percy shut his eyes, then sighed, dabbing some of the blood up. Jason cut something open, then elbowed Percy. "Blankets." Percy tossed the paper towel into the table then grabbed one of the blankets, holding it out. "Go in the hall." "But-" "I said go!" Jason yelled and Percy nodded, running  into the hall and falling down by the door.

Jason opened the door slowly, peering out. "Percy. Come on here. Quietly." He whispered and Percy scrambled up, pushing past Jason into the room. He covered his face, gasping softly. Nico looked up at him and smiled, nodding him over. Percy shuffled to him slowly, smiling. "They're beautiful..." Nico nodded. "And they're tiny." Percy laughed. "Well they are really early... Can I hold one?" "If course." Nico handed the bigger one to Percy. "I'll leave you two- sorry, four, alone."