Chapter five

Percy stared down at his still unfinished homework. He rolled his fingers on the table, then looked up. Nico still hadn't come back down from his room. He'd been up there for at least twelve hours. Percy was about to go up and check on him, when he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. He pulled it out and stared at the number, then shrugged and answered it. "Hello?" "Hey Percy. This is Leo. Um... I was just going to ask if you could like put Nico in school or something...." Percy fornwed at the request, then sighed. "I wouldn't be able to. I'd have to ask my mom... How old is he?" Leo went quiet for a few minutes, then answered quietly. "12..." Percy froze. That would make him.... 4 years younger than him. Percy had thouth he might be 14, but never had it occured to him he would be 12. "Okay. I'll see what I can do about it." Percy said, then hung up. He sighed and ran his fibgers through his hair. If Nico was only twelve, and if he only had the mindset and knowledge of a twelve year old, then Percy wouldn't be able to watch over him. He sighed, then trugged upstairs, knocking agaisnt the door lightly. He pushed it open slowly when he didn't hear anything. He smiled as he saw the small boy sprawled across the bed, the blankets littering the floor and tangling around his legs. His shirt rose up, showing a milky white stomach with a light dusting of black hair below his belly button. Percy bit his lip and approached the bed slowly, resting his hand against the boys flushed face. He blinked his eyes open slowly and stared at Percy, then jumped back, pulling his shirt down. "Sorry man, I thought you were awake." Percy said and Nico looked away from him. "I... Sorry I passed out in your bed." He stood up, but crumpled to the ground. "Nico!" Percy crouched and put his hand on the boys forehead, wincing at the heat. "Oh god... You're burning up so bad...." Nico groaned and rolled around on the floor. Percy chewed the inside of his cheek, then remembered someone he could contact. "I'll be right back! Uh... Don't go anywhere." Percy said and ran downstairs, hitting someone on the way down. "Oh! Sorry mom." He ran to the kitchen and looked through the contacts his mom and he had written down. He found the number and dialed it, then felt a surge of relief rolling through him as he heard his friends voice. "Percy. What's up?" "Please you have to help me he's dying he can't die-" "Woah! Slow down Percy. How's this? I'll be over as soon as I can to help." "He... It's a neko. A male neko." There was a long silence on the other line, then a quirt answer. "I'll be right over." Then the line went dead.

Three minutes later, there was a loud pounding on the door. Percy ran to answer it, smiling at his friend. "Thanks for coming." "Dude. A male neko. Of course I would come. I mean, I wanted to see you." Percy shrugged. "Doesn't matter to me. I mean, he is... He's really sick. Like... He's burning up." His friend furrowed his eyebrows, then nodded slowly. "I may have seen this before... Where is he?" "Uh... My room..." Percy mumbled and his friend blinked, tension rising up between them. "O-okay..." Percy sighed and grabbed his wrist, then pulled him up the stairs. He pushed door open and pointed to the small ball in the corner. His friend walked over to Nico and crouched down beside him, placing a hand on his side. "Hey. It's okay, I'm going to fix you." Nico pushed himself up and leaned against the wall. He looked terrible. His face was red and glistening with sweat, the same sweat that soaked his hair. His ears were halfway up but drooping slightly. "Who... Who are you?" He asked in a hoarse voice. "I'm going to be your doctor. My names Jason. Jason Grace."

A/N: my mom let me see the maze runner but shes still being a dick.... Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it. Sorry if it was too short or too long. If you guys have any prefernces on the length, just tell me and I'll try to fix it. But keep in mind that longer chapters mean slower updates.