Chapter eleven

Leo ran over to the books, looking through them all quickly. "So... What book are you looking for?" Percy asked, walking around the small room slowly, examining everything. "It's called- Oh! Here it is!" "Oh here it is sounds like a terrible book." Percy said and Leo stuck his tounge out at him. "No, it's this one." He handed Percy the book. "Looking for Alaska?" Percy asked and Leo nodded. "Yep. I found a copy on the sidewalk one night and brought it back..." Percy nodded, reading the cover. "Neat. So... This'll wake him up?" "Maybe..." Leo said and looked down at his feet. "Well, let's go." Percy said and Leo grinned. "Yeah. We better hurry."

Leo ran back into the room, then froze. "Jason. Why is Nico naked?" Jason looked up and his face redened. "He uh... Sponge bath." Jason answered, holding up the sponge. "Whatever. Percy, get the bag." Percy walked over to the bag as Leo opened the book and sat down, then started reading, running his thumb over Nico's hand. "What do you want?" Percy asked and Leo looked up. "Um... The animal." Percy nodded and dug through the bag, then pulled out a stuffed dog. "A dog?" "He's always loved dogs..." Leo mumbled and Percy nodded, handing the dog to Leo. Leo slipped it under Nico's arm, looking up in suprise as the heart monitor jumped. Jason smiled and Percy stared at Nico's face. His eyes were moving behind his eyelids. Leo continued reading, then stopped after a few chapter. He set the book down on the nightstand, then reached in the bag. He pulled out a small box and turned the crank a few times. It opened slowly and started playing music. All the boys looked up as the heart monitor beat erratically.

A few minutes later, after watching the heart monitor beat widly, Leo sighed. "I'm so hungry..." Percy nodded. "Me too." Jason smiled. "Well, there's a taco bell down by the waiting room." Nobody objected. Instead, Leo reached into the bag and pulled out the last thing, a small sea green blanket, then layed it on Nico. He cranked the music box a few more times, then sighed. "Okay. Let's go."

Jason had taken them to a room where they could eat. It was the room where the doctors and nurses usually ate. "What's that for?" Leo asked, pointing to a monitor and a bunch of red lights. "Those are for the patients. There's a call button beside the bed that they press if they need anything." Leo nodded, then pointed to one that was blinking. "What's that?" "Well, if it's blinking it usually means the button fell down or it has something over it or it's being pressed down." Leo nodded, then furrowed his eyebrows. "Who... Who's room is that?" "That's..." Jason stopped, staring at the light. He looked at Percy and Leo, and they all jumped up at once and ran down to Nico's room.