An Unlikely Turn Pt. 3

The last of our trilogy. I hope this makes up for not updating recently.

"So, what will we do?" I glanced over to Alex. "I mean, after all this?"

"What do you mean?" I shifted so I could face him, our hands in between us.

"I'm the villain. You're the hero. How could this happen?" He asked in a broken voice. He held our entwined  hands up, running his thumb over my knuckles. "If it were to even happen?" Without a second thought, I leaned over, letting my lips just barely brush his. I suppressed a grin as I felt his breath hitch.

"Who cares?" I leaned my forehead to his. "Maybe we don't be the hero and the villain. Maybe we be Alex and Magnus. No one else knows who we are. Maybe the hero and the villain stopped fighting." I shifted so my stitches hurt less. The stitches were the only reason I had been here for the better part of a week. Mostly.

"We can't just give everything up." 

"Why not?"

"Because neither of us wants to do this anymore. We don't want to fight anymore. We both know that. You know what I want to do?" He glanced up.

"What?"

"Kiss you. A lot." He tried to smother a giggle.

"But what if-"

I don't think I really thought in that moment. Right then and there, there was not the hero and the villain. There was Alex and Magnus. I lifted my hand under his chin, bringing his gaze to mine. And then sparks flew.

(ahhh so bad but I felt like I needed to finish this)