The Raven

(2 updates a day, I am on a roll)

Magnus Chase, a mediocre civilian, and employed by the local newspaper, strolled down the street. A brown canvas satchel thumped at his side, full of notebooks and evidence and contacts all leading up to one case: The Raven. The Raven was a mysterious vigilante who popped up spastically throughout town, solving the crime of Valhalla City. Magnus's boss had been on him for months, trying to form bit by bit, any pattern that may hide the identity of The Raven. 

Magnus had just begun crossing a street, coffee and leather bound notebook in hand , scanning over his notes once more. What he didn't notice though, was a stray car who didn't notice the red light. The car sped past the light, heading right for Magnus. Like a deer in headlights, Magnus's head snapped up, eyes widening at the car. In the last second, a flash of black swept up Magnus. The car halted, but those were the least of Magnus's concerns. His treasured bag, given to him by his mom, full of a lifetime of research, was nowhere to be found.

"My bag...." He whispered into the wind, a stray tear running down his face. Suddenly, a thump caught his attention. There stood the person he had been tracking for months, holding his bag. He gasped, scooping up the bag in his arms. He rummaged through, looking for his moleskin journal, ram packed full of nots, frayed at the edges. He heart leaped when he didn't find it in its usual spot. A whistle caught his attention.

"Looking for this?" The vigilante quipped as she held up the journal. Nodding weakly, he accepted the journal. He flipped through the pages, attention landing on his most recents notes on The Raven. On the last page written on, he found a note. 

Top of this building, 10:30 sharp. Be there for some answers.

The Raven

He glanced up, the hero no longer on the roof, a sleek black feather instead. He had figured out how to meet with The Raven.  Now he just had to figure out how to get off this roof.

——-

At 10:28, Magnus stood on the roof. He shivered, pulling up his jacket. He pulled out his notebook, flipping to a page with his questions. A swish from a few feet away caught his attention. The figure was clothed in a simple black catsuit and cape, with a matching black domino mask. The figure had neon green hair, clashing angrily with the black of the suit: 

"Ask away." A husky voice rang out, whipping in the wind. Magnus nodded.

"Can I get a picture? Please?" The figure nodded nervously. The reporter pulled out a digital camera, snapping a quick picture. 

"Okay.." And so the questions began.

——

The two quickly grew close, Raven romantically and daringly flirting and sneaking kisses. After a while, they met every night. At last, Raven couldn't take it anymore. He had to tell Magnus who he was. 

The met on the roof for the nightly meeting. Instead of the usual suit, instead, a young man with sharp green hair and Raven feather in hair, tucked into his shirt. Magnus climes on the roof, a book in hand. 

"Hey, so I have this book and..." He trailed off, his stormy grey eyes meeting shining heterochromatic. He stared.

"Please don't be mad. I wanted you to know who I am." Magnus didn't respond.

"Please say something." Instead, he walked in front of Alex, pulling him into a kiss. Th two remained like that for a while, before breaking apart. 

"My hero." He murmured before pulling the vigilante into another kiss.