#30 He wants a chance

Ella.

My limbs trembled as I walked along with Michael. The glass door opened automatically for us to enter inside and we entered the large, white marbled lobby.

I hesitated a bit, but Michael walked to the reception side and I had no choice but to follow him.

"How may I help you, Sir?"

"I would like to meet Madam Salena Adams."

"Do you have an appointment today- Ella?" The receptionist's eyes fell on me and she looked surprised.

I cleared my dry throat and smiled weakly at her. "Please tell Mama that I am here with my friend."

Her eyes immediately turned to Michael who was watching me. Her eyes were curious and I noticed her taking him in.

"Amrita," I said rather annoyed at her ogling and Michael looked surprised at my tone. He turned back to the receptionist who took hold of the receiver quickly.

"Let's wait here," I said and walked to the mahogany sofa set on the side.

"You sounded angry there," Michael said as he took the nearby settee seat from me.

"Did I?" I acted ignorant.

I am surprised at myself for feeling jealous in this situation.

It was not even been 10 minutes when someone called my name.

"Ella."

"Sara?" I got up slowly. "Why are you here?"

Instead of answering me, her eyes stopped on Michael, she didn't look much welcoming.

"Your Mama asked me to escort you and...your friend immediately," she said.

"Thank you," Michael said. He didn't look bothered at the cold vibes from her.

The elevator ride felt like forever and I jumped as I felt Michael holding my hand.

He gave me a look that clearly meant "Calm down" and I tried to do exactly that. Before I could get hold of myself, the elevator stopped and I wet my dry lips and looked at Michael, who gave me an encouraging nod before he followed Sara. I followed them weakly.

Everything went blank as Sara opened the door and we walked inside Mama's office.

Michael.

We entered the huge room which I presumed to be Salena Adam's office. Everything in her office was immaculately designed, everything screamed of luxury and wealth but I couldn't help but feel so empty there. The deathly cold vibe hit me even before I spotted her.

She was sitting there on the main settee on the right-hand side of the room. Her legs crossed over and her eyes staring at me coldly.

"Madam Salena Adams," I nodded my head in acknowledgement. She didn't move and just stared at me.

I hadn't felt uneasy or discomfort even when I had to present my projects on the international platforms, but for the first time in my life, I could feel so much power and superiority from someone.

"Mama-" Cinderella stopped as her mother raised her hand; her eyes were still on me.

"I believe I warned you well, Michael." her voice was very low, but it echoed around the otherwise silent room. "I clearly told you to stay away from my daughter."

"Mama-"

"I love her," I said and Cinderella turned to me in shock. Even the expressionless lady who escorted us inside looked at me like I have gone mad. "I love Cinderella. Whatever happens, I cannot give up on her."