Chapter 14: Gay vamp?

Start from the beginning

"For human blood?"

"Animal."

Roman sighed. "Aleksei, you have to feed, and I'm not talking about furry animals. You're reaching your limit."

"It's not my hunger," he snapped hoarsely.

"Then what is it?"

Noah.

"Forget it, I'm not in the mood for a lecture," Aleksei grumbled, pushing past Roman who followed him nonetheless.

"Nyx has a job for us tonight."

"Not interested."

Roman quickly followed Aleksei. "You don't have a choice."

Aleksei stopped in his steps and looked towards Roman, giving out his hand. He unclenched his fists, revealing the surface of his palm facing the ceiling.

"Do you see this?" He asked. Roman narrowed his eyes.

"Your hand?"

"Yes. What's in it?"

Roman squinted his eyes, seeing nothing but pale skin. "Nothing."

"Look closer," he pressed. "What do you see?"

Roman stared at Aleksei's hand, confused. "I see absolutely nothing."

"Exactly. And that, Roman, is how many fucks I give about Nyx's order," Aleksei said, before walking away. Roman narrowed his eyes.

"Nyx is holding a meeting tonight. He wants everyone to go. Noé's going to be used-"

"Since when did you become so loyal to Nyx?"

"Since you became a self-loathing coward who gave away his thrown to a bloody psycho who's trying to create an army of vampires to make mankind his slave," shot Roman angrily, catching up to him. "I don't like it anymore than you do, but he runs the new Empire, the one that you gave away. So face the consequences and stop acting like you still own a crown. Nyx makes the rules and we follow, period."

Roman still hadn't forgiven Aleksei for the decision he took without consulting him. One second he was serving his best friend, the next, he was obligated to follow Aleksei's cousin, Nyx.

Aleksei continued walking, pretending as if he didn't hear Roman.

"Maybe you'll start giving a couple of fucks when Nyx sends some vampires to kidnap Noah and use him as his new human blood bag," Roman said. Aleksei finally stopped in his steps, turning towards him.

A smile twitched on his lips, his cold, blue eyes glaring at Roman.

"Do you think that Noah actually means something to me?" Aleksei snarled. His menacing voice surprised Roman.

"It sure seems like it."

"He's not going to be an Issa," Aleksei growled, reading through the lines.

"Unless he already is."

"Roman." Aleksei glowered.

"You can't run away from human interactions your entire life," Roman pressed. He raised his hands. "Look around you. You're surrounded by them!"

"Not for long."

Roman frowned, but before he could say anything, Issa ran down the hall towards them with a wide grin.

"Soooooo what are we having for lunch today?" Issa beamed. His eyes flickered to the rigid expressions on his friends' faces. "Oh, come on, did you two fight again?  Don't be like that, you guys are best friends."