The exchange student [Modern HS fb&cc AU]

It was a regular day at galaxy hills high, and it was quite boring— well, except for fanboy and chum chum, they found almost anything interesting, they were making the best of their high school experience.

But their day was about to get a lot more interesting, their teacher mr. mufflin had gathered the classes full attention, as much as he could anyway.

"Hello class... today we have a new exchange student staying with us, he's from England." He began.

Fanboy looked at chum chum, "Whaaat-" the teen whispered to the slightly shorter male.

"A new student- this is awesome !" He whispered back.

Suddenly the door flung open as a male with radiant red hair revealed himself to the class, some people seemed to be confused by the sight of him, for it was not who they were expecting.

"Behold !" He announced, "t'is I!" He continued. "Kyle !" He called as he held his black silk cape up in the air dramatically.

"Welcome Kyle.." mr. mufflin shrugged a bit, "uhm... you'll be sitting with-"

He saw fanboy and chum chum had a seat in between them so he pointed to the back.

"Lovely.." Kyle nodded, walking to the back of the class, he sat down in between the two.

Chum chum raised a brow, seeing fanboy look at Kyle in awe almost- but he quickly shook the feeling.

Kyle opened up a binder and simply tuned into the lesson until it was time for independent work, and once that moment reached, fanboy made his move to befriend Kyle.

"Hey! I'm fanboy !" He smiled.

"..." Kyle looked up, "Fan..boy..?" He blinked as fanboy nodded.

"Yes well it's a pleasure to meet you.." he looked back down at his work and began writing.

"So, you're from England ?" Fanboy asked.

"Yes? Is that a shocker or something ?" He raised a brow.

"No- I guess I was just curious, I've never met an exchange student before!" He smiled with a shrug.

"I see.." Kyle nodded, "well nice chat.." he looked back down at his work again.

"Wanna be friends ?" Fanboy asked out of the blue.

Kyle wasn't paying much attention as he wrote so he just replied, "yeah, sure, whatever-"

"Great!" Fanboy almost yelled out, drawing attention to them both.

Kyle jumped, realizing what just happened, "oh dear.." he muttered hiding his face.

People looked away and continued to work.

"That's chum chum by the way, He's my best friend." Fanboy grinned a bit.

"Good to know ..?" He shrugged a bit.

"Yep!" Fanboy smiled.

Chum chum waved a bit and smiled, as Kyle waved back.

eventually Kyle finished his work and slumped back in his chair, crossing his arms. Wanting class to be over already, he was not enjoying this new environment in the slightest.

Kyle dealt with it until the bell finally rang, and students began to hurry out, Kyle took the chance to leave after mostly everyone was gone, but of course fanboy and chum chum stayed behind to hang out with him.

"So, why do you wear that cape ?" Fanboy asked him.

"For fun? I don't know." He shrugged, looking at fanboy.

"It kinda gives you a wizard effect, I like it." Chum chum smiled.

Kyle awkwardly looked down, "yeah- uh thanks." He set a finger on his chin.

"Are you like some kind of wizard?"

"Oh goodness no! That's like impossible!" He rolled his eyes, setting a hand on his hip.

"Yeah, right." Fanboy laughed a bit.

Chum chum crossed his arms and eyed kyle suspiciously. Kyle grew awkward once more, hoping to get some alone time.

"Well, I'm just gonna go, I have to get something done before next period.." he tried to brush this off calmly.

"Alright !" The two said in unison.

Kyle quickly dashed off to the washroom with no hesitation.

Fanboy began walking in the other direction, he noticed chum chum was staying behind,

"You coming chum chum?"

"Yeah, hold on, I'll catch up," chum chum looked at him and ran off in kyles direction.

"Alright," fanboy shrugged, walking away, but slower this time.

Kyle used the bathroom before class, he swiftly exited the stall, and began to wash his hands, he soon accidentally knocked a thin wand hidden in his sleeve, it landed in the sink.

"Oh great-" he quickly panicked, beginning to wipe the water off his wand as quickly as possible.

As chum chum opened the bathroom door kyles wand began to spark with what looked like— magic ?

Kyle freaked when he saw chum chum, enough to the point where he levitated off the ground.

Chum chum was speechless, he let go of the door so it immediately shut, so it took him a solid moment to process this.

"You're a— y-y-you're a—"

"Don't-"

"A WIZARD?!" He yelled.