8

the sound of my alarm was as if someone were screaming in my head. i wasn't too exhausted, i simply was just not in the mood to get myself up, and ready and spend the next 8 hours pretending as if i give a shit about learning anything, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

i wasn't one to skip, or ditch, but it doesnt mean that i wasnt tempted too, often times, i would see students try and sneak out, and it only made me wish i had the balls to do that myself, but i knew better than to get myself in trouble.

i sighed, one second feeling nothing at all, the other, all my emotions tracing back to me all at once, it was like a slap to the face thinking about what Gal had told me last night. for a moment, i almost wanted to pinch myself on my arm, to force myself to believe that it was just a dream, or like she had said, a "fairytale"

i began to wonder, did she mean what she said? a huge part of me said yes, of course she meant it or else she wouldn't have said it; the other part? believes she didnt mean it at all, and for some odd reason, i wanted to believe that she didnt mean it. but i couldn't forget the words she spat last night.

i headed downstairs, only to be met by my mother who had her eyes glued on the windows. my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. what was she staring at?

"is everything okay?" i asked, slowly picking up my skateboard that was laying beside the stairs, as i walked towards my mother who had a look of concern on her face.

"oh no. you're definitely not riding that to school"

"are you serious? i always skateboard to school" i exclaimed, gripping my skateboard tighter, fearing she might snatch it away from my hands.

"Sarah. it's not safe for you" she started off. "look outside. now"

i dropped my skateboard on the ground, as i leaned towards the window, my mouth widening as i stared at what was going on outside. at least a dozen photographers capturing photos outside of Gal's house. some were inside their cars keeping a fair distance, while others took the risk of standing right outside her door calling out her name.

"what the fuck" i growled, feeling the anger about to release from within. "how could this happen? how could they have possibly found out where she lives?"

"language, Sarah!" she began, letting out a deep sigh before she continued. "how could you be surprised, it was only sooner or later someone would be bound to figure out her address"

"mom, first of all, its 6 in the morning, secondly, it doesnt give anyone the right to pass by her house and start taking photos in HER property"

"Sarah, love, you're right. but i'm not letting you go outside. they'll most likely notice you and start pleading for questions to be answered as well as take photos of you."

"so what now? i'll just stay home all day and wait until they leave?" i sarcastically asked, a little part of me hoping that she'd say yes.

"of course not, thats why i wanted to suggest that you'd leave using the back door"

"are you kidding me? no. its too damn early for this shit. i'm not going to let a bunch of paparazzi stop me from walking out of my OWN front door."

before my mother could say anything, i grabbed my skateboard off the floor and went out the front door, i felt my heartbeat accelerate when i heard the sounds of Gal's voice screaming.

"i'm giving you all 30 seconds before i call the police to escort you off MY personal property. how dare you assume that it would be okay to come to my home and disrespect me like that?"

"Ms. Gadot, we're simply doing our job" one of the paparazzi's answered whilst capturing photos of Gal while she tried to cover her face using her hand.