14 (1/2)

She was adding a little bit of honey in her tea before mixing it causing it to dissolve in one another, she looked drowsy, she had suggested we meet before work, and I agreed, dismissing the fact I would be skipping 2 of my classes, but I'd pay the price for her, every time, without a doubt. She caught me staring, and stared right back, squinting her eyes as she tried to ask me questions without asking me anything at all, as if I could read minds, I could barely read through my thoughts, they were empty, and so was I.

"You sure you don't want to eat anything?" Oh man, that hoarse voice of hers was profoundly heavy, and it made her sound so sexy, I almost melted in my spot, but I needed to compose myself, considering that this was my first time seeing her in a while, she looked just the way she did the last day I had seen her, with a few difference; she looked like she was skipping meals and losing sleep, the bags under her eyes were slowly appearing more and more, she wasn't hiding them right now, but they honestly complemented her, gave her that mysterious look that she carried with her mysterious aura.

"I don't eat when I'm anxious" I expressed truthfully, my eyes on everything but hers, as I looked at this familiar scenery, it was almost deserted, there was an old man whom was right at the middle of one of the booth's drinking his cup of coffee whilst looking at the small TV that was placed nearby which showcased the news, and it was anything but nice, just more tragedy.

I held in my dry chuckle, why would anyone care to know what goes on in the world? It's the same bullshit everyday. More people are dying, more wars are starting, more people are falling apart, and every once in a blue moon, something beautiful happens that's televised or reported on paper, but it was mostly depressing. But, perhaps it was part of getting older, you learn to stay aware with what goes on in your community as well as the whole world, but that couldn't be me. I would imagine myself 40 years from now, sitting on my porch outside watching the sunrise with someone.

I dug deeper in my mind, as I thought more about my future, where would I be a year from now? That was easy to plan out. Graduate, go to college, then find a job. But what about decades from now? Where would I be? Who would I be with? I pictured someone beside me, but not knowing who I would spend the rest of my life with scared me, but what terrified the life out of me was the need of having to grow old with someone. Forever never existed, it was a concept created by the ill human mind to decrease aching thoughts of dying alone, what's better than being buried living your last moments with loneliness? Is being buried moments before with the person you loved more than anything.

But I didn't want to find that need, because I didn't need anybody, I needed myself, I needed to find myself, and learn to love me the way I should've a long time a-

My thoughts were interrupted by Gal's hand being placed on my right cheek, she looked me with so much love it almost pained me, it's been so long since anyone, especially her, looked at me like this, it hurt me, but it felt so good to be able to feel something other than this heavy emptiness that was withholding me currently.

"What is wrong? What are you thinking about?" Her voice was low, concerned, but reassuring, it was almost as if she wanted me to know that it was okay to put my walls down and speak from the heart, and although I had a lot to say, words were an understatement to even begin to start with speaking about my feelings.

I cleared my throat, slowly placing my hand on top of Gal's whom still had hers on my cheek, she began to caress my skin, but I immediately removed her hand off, as I took one quick look around and reassured myself that there was no one keeping an out out on us.

"Don't do this" I ordered, my voice was quiet but firm. "We are out in a public space, I don't care if no one seems to be looking, it's risky, and it seems as if you've forgotten so let me refresh your memory. I am your mystery side chick, people think we're fucking."