Chapter 27

Alpha Jordan's pov

It never seizes to amaze me, just how blessed I was to have Sandy as my mate. I drew her  closer to my chest, placing my chin on the top of her head. While I waited patiently for her to stop laughing. 

Once i was certain that she's wasn't going to break out with fits of laughter,  I continued. "I am the rightful crown prince, my father was the king. Back then i was very naive, a romantic much as you are. I was filled with idealistic hope that there was good in every individual.  One day I had taken it too far. I was meant to observe an interrogation,  when I saw the prisoner was a women. A part of me didn't believe that she meant any harm, I don't exactly remember what she was charged with. But I protested believing that I was standing up for all the voiceless people in our system.  She ended up escaping, she didn't get far but she ended up killing 3 guards before she made it to me. Talk about learning the hard way, she was the first to scar me on my face, but most certainly wasn't the last. But before she could do any more harm, I grabbed her by the throat and squeezed the life out if her. And I felt nothing but anger and blind rage. When my father caught wind of what had happened,  he was beyond pissed. He shouted at me for being too soft..."

Flashback

I hadn't even manged to clean out my face when my father ordered me to his office.  My once clean white polo shirt and black armani jeans were coated with my blood and that of my guards,  from my futile attempts to keep them alive.

I made my way to my father's office, I stood by the door and waited for him to summon me in. 

I walked and saw my father my father pacing back and forth, my mom pacing trying to calm him down. 

I stood by the door, my eyes gold,  because my wolf had taken control, I didn't even try to get control back. I felt cold almost lifeless.

The fact that rogue had attempt to kill me had left me lifeless and hardened.

That's when I had lost my innocence, my view was forever tainted.

"All I asked was that you question the rogue, that's all I asked of you. And you couldn't even do that!"

My father's eyes flashed gold, much like my own. I couldn't open my mouth and say anything, what was the point. Nothing i say will appease his anger.

"Now 3 of my best guards are dead. DEAD Jordan!  Because of your need to do things your way!"

"Honey please,  you don't mean that. You know as well as I do that this isn't his fault,  his still a kid" I heard my mom plead. But she shouldn't have bothered. 

"We have let this continue long enough, you  need to grow up if you are to take over the throne. And that's why we have signed you up to the navy."

After I heard that I spoke.up for the first time in that whole meeting.  " you can't do that to me..."

"That's where you are wrong, I can do what the hell I please. You leave in the end of the week."

I could hear my mom screaming in anguish. But I couldn't bring myself to comfort her, not when I was also in pain. And not just from my scars, but from my own father's betrayal. With that I turned my back to my mom begging my father to reconsider. 

"One more thing Jordan..." I heard my father call out and I'm embarrassed to admit that I felt a little spark of hope that he had changed his mind.  I should have known better...  " make sure you pack light"

And with that I left never to see them for a couple of decades,  but with the lost years, the less I wanted the throne.

"Ow Jordan,  I'm so sorry." I heard Sandy.  I looked at her tear stained face, I reached out to wipe them away.

"Why are you sorry" I questioned.

"Because you went through a lot, and because it caused you a lot of  pain. And that breaks my heart" 

I kissed her forehead and let her cry. And this time it wasn't because I had caused her pain but it was because I had been hurt.

If I thought I loved Sandy before,  it was nothing compared to what I felt for her now.