Chapter 10

Sandy's pov

Nothing i said, would be enough to describe my emotions ryt now.

These people seem to have accepted me, wholeheartedly.  no questions asked... no explanations required...

Some part of me wondered if this is their natural behaviour.  But something told me, it was all reserved for me. something also tells me that the Alpha also plays a major role in this...

How though... well I have yet to find out

Anyway the moment I entered, everyone froze seemingly in a trance like state.  Only when Michelle spoke, who I now know is Chads girlfriend, did  everyone seem to snap into attention.

Everyone seems to be at my beck and call, making sure I had everything I needed.   From my favourite food, to the way my coffee is made. This struck me as odd. After all I wasn't one of them.  I was the "imposter".

but they went out of their way, to make me feel comfortable. 

This place is starting to feel, a lot like home.

but this isn't my home. I best remember that. 

This place was odd, and I'm not just taking about the fact that they are freaken werewolves. They keep using the term Luna, towards me.

I don't know why, but this left me slightly insecure and unsettled. 

But when i asked Michelle about this, she just shrugged her shoulders and told me, it's a sign of respect and honour.  and not to worry about it. but this explanation, did nothing to appease my curiosity on this term.

After i had eaten and washed up my dishes... much to their dismay.  I made my way outside, leaving the women in their state of disbelief. 

I managed to find my way out, of this maze of a place, they call a house.

I made my way towards the swings, conveniently placed to the far left. I sat down and started swinging lightly, making sure my feet stayed on the ground. 

It was time I thought about when, I should go home. And preparing for work next week Monday. But so much has already changed, in a short span of time, that I have been here.

I now had a child that I needed to look after, I'm not sure how this will play out in the end. But I must have faith, in God.

***ow snap! I just realised that I never mentioned that I'm a Christian.  And that this book may reflect some of that faith, hope this is chilled with you guys. but I'm not changing it.***

I don't know how long I stayed there, completely alone with my thoughts.

  But not long after, Luke came running towards me at full speed. I stood up and made my way to meet him, meeting him half way.

I picked him up, regardless of his weight.  and kissed his little, chubby pumpkin coloured checks.

"Where have u been buddy?" I questioned.

I felt terrible, he is suppose to be my child. yet I had no clue where, what and who he spent most of the day with.

"playing" was his reply. " Mama come play with us"

He squirmed his way down my arms, grabbing my hand and leading me to a soccer field.

Other kids were sitting there,  playing with a soccer ball. Some women weren't to far off, watching the kids carefully, making sure none were harmed. We made our way towards them.

Once we reached the field, the women got up from where they sat and reached for the kids. The women said something, that caused the previpusly energetic kids to simultaneously halt.

Then they faced me, took a step forward towards me. All in line as though they were little soldiers in the military.  Then all at once they greeted me.

"good evening luna"

To say I was horrified is an understatement of the century.  You know people always say they wish their kids were well trained. But actually seeing, a well trained child, was something completely different. 

I wouldn't wish, this type of discipline on anyone. These were kids and they deserved to be kids.

I must have taken too long to reply because the little faces looked fearfully amongst each other. Thinking that they had displeased me.

Which couldn't be further from the truth! I mentally shook off my anger towards this packs "system". And put on a big smile, to reassure these little angels.

" hi guys, do you mind if it we play? "  I questioned,  trying to make a conversation.

I could see that they, didn't know what to make of my request. They seem to fear that It was a test of sorts, and if they failed they would be punished.

I had a strong desire to suddenly correct the great injustice done to these kids. I couldn't explain, why this suddenly felt like my main priority. I felt as though these kids needed me, as much as I needed them.

It took some convincing, but having the women's reluctant approval seemed to ease the tension some. Soon we were playing, girls against boys.

And what started as a friendly game, ended up becoming a little tournament.  kids of all ages came to watch, then with a little encouragement soon joined the game. 

Everyone was having the time of their life. Proud mothers shouting encouragement to their little ones. The fathers were another matter, they looked completely at a loss on what to do. They sat on the side arms crossed, with a serious expression on their faces.

All in all, everyone was having the time of their lives. I was breathless due to playing and chasing after a little ball, all day. I was ready to collapse on the bloody field. But I couldn't do that to them yet, they looked to be having a great time.  And i didn't want to be the one to put a stop to that.

They deserve this little joy.  And i plan to help them get many more. 

As i looked towards the parents, I was rendered breathless once again. but this time because my eyes locked with those of Alpha Jordans.

And he looked royally pissed...

*** and that's chapter 10, I really hope u enjoy it. Give me clues as to what you guys want to read. love yall lots***