Chapter 25

Alpha Jordans pov

"What do you mean? There hasn't been a king for the past 200 years, there is no need for one now!"

Instead of being with my beautiful mate and newly adopted son, I'm sitting in my awfully crowded office,  with all eight elder officials. Pleading for the good of our kind and and for me to see reason. 

They come to my territory,  and they have the audacity to demand things!

I was beyond pissed off, but some part of me recognised the ploy to try and delude myself, into believing that there really wasn't a need to do, what they were asking of me.

All they are asking is, that you take your place as the Alpha king.

Who's side are you on? I demanded of my wolf.

Ours you fool, would you stop thinking about yourself and starting thinking about our people!

And would you start thinking about our family!

Our mate will not, leave us! 

That may be so, but have you thought off all the danger that would befall on her, if we take the crown!

"Alpha, I know we agreed to take over.  But you have to understand that we aren't the rightful heirs."

"Alpha, what Elder Blake, is saying is that we simply have no true power, over all packs and the pack Alphas"

I could faintly see reason, regarding the statement that Catherine,  just made. But I was extremely frustrated, that they wouldn't listen to my own.

"I have a pack and a hunan mate that needs me, I can't ask her to accept yet another burden" I replied tautly. " you have done well with the kingdom, without my help. Just do what you have been doing!"

"You know as well as we do, that you are the reason we have made it thus far. But circumstances have changed, and we can't continue any longer."

I listened to Elder Joseph,  and I had to admit that if he was forced to side with my ruling, that can only mean that things were truly dire.

That also means, that they have exhausted all other options.

Cause I know one thing is for sure,  Joseph would never come to ask me to take the throne soo openly, with little to no complaints. 

I know this for a fact cause Joseph thought me to, primitive in my approaches.  He saw me as a ticking time bomb, that would result in a pool of dead bodies. And this turn of events is leaving me rather curious, about just how bad things had gotten. But I also knew that they wouldn't tell me anymore until I agree to rule.

I ran my head through my messy hair, a result of constantly running my hands through my hair, compliments of our guests.  I thought sarcastically. 

" I can't commit yet, but I promise to get back to you. Hoe long do I have? " I questioned

"A week" they all replied

I let out a sigh, of resignation.  "Fine, do you need me to accommodate you,  in this house? I can ask Sandy to have someone, set up some rooms for you"

"We are quite alright, we must take our leave now." Replied Joseph politely. I had to give to the man, even when he is insulting you he manages to do it politely.

I shook their hands and led them downstairs, to led them out. 

"Sandy the Elders are leaving!" I called out to my mate.

She came down wearing a pair of blue denim jeans, and a simple white vest under the cream blouse. The only thing off about the outfit, was that she was barefooted. 

I chuckled softly, loving the little things that made my mate unique.  She absolutely refuses to wear shoes in the house. Actually that's usually the first thing she takes off when she gets home, from work.

"Luna, it was such a pleasure to see you again.  Especially now that you are well."

Elder Catherine meant well,  but she couldn't have picked,  a worse time to mention my mates blackouts. Especially since I haven't even found out the truth about them myself.

I heard Sandy reply, "The pleasure was ours, it's nice to learn about pack life, from others and not just my hunk of a mate"

The Elders let out a humorous chuckle, then got out the door and into their designated cars. Leaving my mate, with her new beautiful rosy cheeks.

Darn it, I should be the only one making good her blush!

I couldn't understand the new level, of jealousy I was experiencing. Having a mate has its downfalls, like this new revelation of always wanting to be the only person my mate has eyes for. Yet at the same time she is the one that keeps me calm, during the storm.