Chapter 4: Moonlight Strolls

Veronica's P.O.V.

It has been two months since I met Wyatt. He's been amazing to hang out with and we've gotten to know each other very well. I guess you can say we've become friends already.

I think I have feelings for this guy. He treats me well and is not like my ex. I just hope that my mind isn't playing tricks on me.

My parents and brother don't know about me seeing him, but Sadie is SO overprotective. Not in a bad way, but you know what I mean.

I plan on introducing him to my parents and I hope they don't think I'm dating him because I'm not ready for that after what happened with my ex.

But, he wasn't like my ex. He seemed different. I felt comfortable around him and he allowed me to be myself.

I was in my room, listening to soft music while painting once again.

My parents and brother were asleep already, but me being the night owl I am, I decided to stay up late.

It was about one in the morning right now.

My phone went off and I saw a text from Zed. I opened it up and read it.

Zed🐠: Hey, are you up?
Veronica: Yes. What's up?
Zed🐠: I'm finally going to do it! I'm gonna ask Addison to Prawn!
Veronica: Oh, Zed! That's great! I feel like a proud parent!
Zed🐠: I still haven't planned it yet, but I'll let you know as soon as I know what I'll do!
Veronica: Okay. Good luck, bud! 👍

I put the phone down and went back to painting, which was a beautiful valley with a full moon in the background.

Once I was finished with the painting, I set it aside so it could dry and changed into a pair of purple warm-ups and a black tank top before.

Just as I was about to go into bed, I heard my phone ding.

I looked and saw a message from Wyatt. I smiled before opening it.

Wyatt😍: Hey, Roni. Are you up?
Veronica: Yeah. What's up?
Wyatt😍: Look our your window

I smiled before going to my window and seeing Wyatt there. He waved and I waved back with a blush on my face.

I opened it up and stuck my head out.

"What are you doing here? It's one in the morning." I asked.

"Let's go for a walk. Just the two of us." Wyatt told me.

"We're lucky my family's sleeping. I'll be down in a bit." I said before closing my window.

I threw on a pair of shoes before putting on my black hoodie, since it was about 65 degrees outside.

I quietly got out of my room and out the front door, closing it quietly before running to where Wyatt was, but he wasn't there.

"Hey, Princess."

I jumped and let out a little gasp as I saw Wyatt behind me.

"You have to stop doing that!" I said as I playfully hit his arm.

He laughed before speaking up. "It's a habit."

"Sneaking up on people? I think this friendship will indeed last a long time." I said.

Wyatt chuckled before he gestured me to follow him.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we walked.

"For a walk in the forest. A moonlight stroll." he answered.