Chapter 2: Getting To Know Each Other

*Two Days Later*

Veronica's P.O.V.

I sat in my room, listening to my vinyl player while painting to relax. My parents would be home any minute. My brother was in his room, playing while I was doing what I loved.

I had been painting for almost three hours now.

Painting had always been my passion besides cheer. It always relaxed me whenever I was stressed and I even won a few art shows throughout the years.

Just as I was close to finishing my project, I looked at my phone and laid eyes on Wyatt's contact. I still hadn't messaged him. Well, here I go.

I put the paintbrush down before typing my message for him.

Veronica: Hey 😊

I put my phone down before resuming my almost finished painting. Not even 10 seconds later, my phone dinged and I saw a message from him.

Wyatt: Hey, Roni. Is it okay if I call you that?' What are you up to?
Veronica: More than okay. I'm painting.

I put the phone down and did the finishing touches on my painting before I snapped a photo and sent it to him.

Wyatt: Wow, that's beautifulVeroncia: ThanksWyatt: I was wondering if you're not busy tomorrow, maybe we can get some Fro-Yo or coffee?Veronica: Like a date? Or just a friendly meeting?Wyatt: Whichever you're going forVeronica: Sure! What time?Wya...

Veroncia: Thanks
Wyatt: I was wondering if you're not busy tomorrow, maybe we can get some Fro-Yo or coffee?
Veronica: Like a date? Or just a friendly meeting?
Wyatt: Whichever you're going for
Veronica: Sure! What time?
Wyatt: 7:30?
Veronica: Perfect 👍
Wyatt: Nice. Okay, I'll let you go. Night, Roni
Veronica: Night, Wyatt ☺️

I put my phone down before cleaning up my space and washing the brushes.

After that, I changed into some pajamas and went downstairs. I looked and saw my parents and brother with some popcorn and snacks.

"Hi, sweetie. We're going to watch a movie. Want to join?" Mom asked me.

I smiled and nodded before joining them in the living room.

My parents' schedules can sometimes be rough, which is why I don't see them a lot and have to care for my brother at times.

My father is currently waiting to find out if he got accepted forSeabrook Power and my mother works as a vet.

We spent the rest of the night just watching movies and enjoying each others' company.

**************************

*The Next Day*

I hung out in the living room for some alone time, since I had the house to myself. I had just made myself some coffee.

I wanted to just chill out and have some of the goodness that kept me from going war-goddess mode on people.

I was on my laptop until I saw a Facetime call from Addison.