Chapter 3: Hanging With The Zombies

(A/N: That's Veronica's brother btw!)

Veronica's P.O.V.

"Thanks for doing this, sweetie." my mom's voice said on the speaker of my phone.

"No problem, mom. I'll pick him up and take him out for some ice cream or something." I told her.

My mom was going to run a bit late from work and my dad was out of town at the moment because he had to go take care of some business.

So, I had to pick up my little brother from school.

"Alright, honey. I have to go. I love you."

"Love you too."

I hung up and got my helmet before leaving the house.

I had a motorcycle, so I could get to Seabrook Elementary faster.

Once I got to the school, I went inside and saw my brother there with the rest of his classmates. I smiled at the sight of zombie and human kids laughing together and having fun.

He saw me and his eyes lit up.

"Sissy!"

I laughed and picked him up, showering him with kisses before setting him down. "Hi, buddy! Ready to go?"

"Yes!" he replied.

"Let's go for some ice cream and then roller-skating?" I asked.

"Yay!" he replied, making me laugh.

We went outside and I put him in front of me on the motorcycle, making sure I put a helmet on him before we went off.

+++++++++++++

We got to the ice cream shop and I parked the motorcycle.

We went inside and I looked around for a spot before I saw Zed here with Zoey.

"Hey, Zed!" I called out.

He looked up and smiled as he waved. "Hey, Roni!" he said before Ethan and I went over.

The zombie I considered an older brother from another mother crushed me in a big hug before I laughed and hugged him back.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Zoey got out of school earlier and she wanted ice cream." Zed answered.

"Hi, Zoey. You look pretty today." Ethan compliment.

"Aww. Thank you." Zoey replied before they sat down in the booth.

I nudged Zed's shoulder with a smirk.

"They're gonna get together when they're older, are they?" I whispered.

"I'm pretty sure." he whispered back.

The both of us sat down with our siblings before we ordered the ice cream we wanted. Zed and I got vanilla, Zoey got strawberry, and Ethan got birthday cake flavored.

"So, How are things with you and Addison?" I asked.

"Good. I've written her so many letters, but she hasn't been replying. You don't think she forgot about me, do you?" he asked.

"No, she wouldn't do that. She's probably very busy." I reassured him.

He shrugged. "I guess you're right."

I decided to lighten up the mood a bit.

"Ethan and I were going to go roller-skating after this. Want to join?" I asked, taking a bite from my ice cream.