‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝟎𝟒.

Before you guys start reading, just want to let you know that Aelin has finished reading ACoTaR and that Dorian, Manon, Chaol.....etc. are all still at the castle. Ok, that's it. Enjoy!

Aelin P

Aelin P.O.V

3 days later

I wake up when it's still dark outside, the florescent moon causing shadows of trees to skitter along the soft golden walls. I warm the room immediately, the winter sky having chilled the castle once again. Dressing in warm clothes and a fleece lined jacket, I tie up my hair which is once again blonde ready to go out for a run. I needed to breathe, even for just a little bit. I heard the covers shuffle behind me and a pair of muscled, tattooed arms engulfed me with heat. I smile, leaning back and savoring the hard wall of warmth behind me.

"Where are you heading off to so early?", he said, his pine green eyes that were glazed with sleep ran over my body, noticing the warmer clothes.

"For a run" I said simply and side stepped him before he could protest. He knew how much I needed a small break. A breather, so he let me go without another sound though I knew that he would most likely be watching overhead of me in his hawk form. I slipped out without the guards noticing me and took a big breath. The smell of the crisp, winter air instantly soothed me and it felt as if a big weight had been lifted of my back. I had been getting used to my fae form and it now felt like my own, like their wasn't a stranger lurking beneath waiting to shred through this skin.

I started at a steady pace, taking in Terrasen's winter beauty, it was as if someone had taken a big blanket of white and had layed it on top. The sun was slowly rising and Terrasen had erupted in a soft glitter of ivory. A gentle breeze blew my way and I shivered as it trailed down my neck and wrapped itself around my body, as if caressing and holding me. I scowled looking up to see a white tailed hawk swooping in low toward me. I sheathed myself in warmth just as Rowan shifted and smoothly landed next to me landing with feline grace and easily keeping up. He chuckled at the expression spread out on my face and starting sprinting ahead, looking over his shoulder only when he was farther away, the silent challenge gleaming in his eyes. I just smirked, two could play that game and took off right on his tail.

I knew we both felt it...the moment where it was as if darkness had erupted. My mate and I both blasted up shields of fire and ice and wind. Encircling us along with the...whatever it was, so no one could come in. The hole in the ground was surrounded by wisps of black and the darkest shades of blues and purples. As I peered in, I was met with an over intoxicating scent of flowers...roses, so many roses. There was no place like this on this earth. No at all. Somewhere in there was a familiar scent lingering of citrus and sea along with orange and blossom. Where was this place? Why was it familiar in some strange way? More importantly, how had it opened? I closed all the Wyrdgates when I forged the key, and there hadn't been any Wyrdmarks signaling a summoning of a portal. But...perhaps this wasn't a Wyrdgate at all, something similar but not the same.

I could feel Rowan contemplating on what to do but, I already knew what had to be done. I roiled my magic, we were going to the other side and I had no plans of going there alone. Turning to Rowan, I said "Go get the others, we're closing these once and for all", I had meant for it to come out stronger but it had come out with an edge of desperation that Rowan hadn't asked questions when he took flight. Citrus and sea. Orange and blossom. Citrus and sea. They both had saved me. 5 years ago around this time. I owed it to them to at least thank them. I wouldn't have had Kai or Ember or Rowan if it wasn't for that winged male. I wouldn't have had anything. The female was heavily pregnant 5 years ago, maybe they had had a little girl or boy. I would love to meet their child, if I have a chance. Citrus and sea, it still seemed familiar. As if it was still fresh in my memory. Not the scent itself but the words as if....as if....

"What is that?" panted a very flustered looking Dorian. Manon smirking behind him. My eyes traveled over everyone behind them. Calum must have been still sleeping, along with Kai and Ember.

"It's not a Wyrdgate" I said earning a few sighs of relief "but, it's something very similar. I've been through that world before, when I was forging the key, I can smell it. Not the place itself but I can smell 2 familiar scents. They helped me when I hurtled through the sky, slowed me down. I owe it to them to at least thank them. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them."

They were silent for a while but it was Yrene who spoke first, "We should prepare the castle for our departure. Tell the kids and inform the council."

And that was that. We were going to where ever was on the other side.

 We were going to where ever was on the other side

Hey guys,

I know this chapter was short but I kind of just wanted to get this over with. I can't wait to write the meeting seen where they both interact. I'll probably post sooner because I'm soo excited to write the interaction. Anyway...Hope you enjoyed! Vote and comment!

It would all be fine, even if it went to hell, so long as he was here with her,

#MultiFandoms