Chapter 10: Daddy vamp

Start from the beginning

"Well, sucks to be you, doesn't it?" smirked Astrid.

"I'm going to need to see a therapist after this," muttered Micka darkly under his breath, having no other choice but to pick up the baby bag. Meanwhile, Noah finally mustered up the courage to approach Aleksei who was still putting his books into his bag.

"Hey," he said with a nervous smile. "Look, I'm really sorry about-"

Aleksei slung his bag over his shoulder and brushed past Noah, heading to the front of the classroom to grab a baby and a baby bag, leaving the classroom as soon as he did. Noah blinked in surprise before quickly running after him. He had a hard time keeping up with Aleksei's quick, long legs, almost needing to jog just to match his pace.

"Do you need some help?" he asked. "I can hold the baby if you'd like."

Aleksei didn't answer, not even sparing him a glance. Noah wondered why he was being ignored. Just yesterday Aleksei had helped him find the laboratory and now he was getting the silent treatment.

"I know you might not have wanted to be my partner, but we still have to work together. You know, for the baby," said Noah, almost forgetting the fact that Astrid told him this morning that Aleksei could have and probably would have killed him yesterday if it weren't for sheer luck. He was now fully focused on their assignment. "I heard that it's better to receive love from both parents so-"

Aleksei made a brutal stop and Noah slammed into his back, feeling like he had walked into a concrete wall and not a body structure. Aleksei finally looked down towards Noah, but with a very unfriendly glare that made little Noah gulp.

"We're going to take turns watching the baby," he said in an imposing way. "I'll watch over it today and you can have it back tomorrow. We'll keep switching until the end of the week.."

Noah frowned. "That's not-"

"Trust me, it'll save both of us a lot of trouble."

Aleksei seemed to have already decided the faith of their married life which wasn't what Noah had expected at all.

"Okay, but-"

"And for the love of Hades, will you stop being so nervous?" hissed Aleksei, who could hear Noah's heartbeat. It was all that he could hear, and the only thing that he could smell was the overwhelmingly delicious scent coming from Noah. It was starting to make him insane, making it hard for him to think properly.

He pivoted on his heel and was about to walk away, but Noah quickly stepped in front of him to block his path.

"First of all, don't call our baby 'it'. She's a girl, her gender is written on the bracelet around her wrist," Noah pointed out. Aleksei looked down at the white tag with the words "Congratulations! It's a girl!" written in bold letter. He then looked back towards Noah who was just getting started. "Secondly, that's not how we're supposed to take the care of our baby for this assignment (Aleksei raised his brows when Noah said 'our'). Thirdly, don't mistake my quickly beating heart with fear. If it's racing at a pace quicker than it should, it's because I had to run to catch up and to keep up with you."

Aleksei took a step closer towards Noah, a menacing look residing in his blue eyes.

"You have a lot of guts talking to me as if-"

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA," their baby started to cry in Aleksei's arm. They looked towards it, blinking blankly. It continued to cry, only getting louder by the second.

"What the fuck is it doing?" snarled Aleksei in disgust.

"Don't swear in front of her!" gasped Noah. "She's a baby."

Aleksei rolled his eyes. "And it's going to end up as roadkill if it doesn't shut up."

"Aleksei!"

"Just take it," he ordered. "And make it stop doing... Whatever it's doing."

"You're the one holding it," sighed Noah.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

"And I'll be more than happy to hand it to you," snorted Aleksei, but when he tried to give Noah their baby, Noah quickly stepped away from him. "What are you doing?"

"I'll take her if you agree that we look after her together," bargained Noah. "And not individually every day."

Aleksei narrowed his eyes, reaching the limit of his patience. He found it ridiculous that he was partnered with a human, and he found it even more ridiculous that the human he was partnered with had the audacity to bargain with him. He was a man of royal blood for Hell's sake! A situation like this was beyond absurd to him.

But he couldn't help but notice the firey look of determination and boldness in Noah's emerald eyes. It had been a while since a mortal looked at Aleksei so fearlessly that he started to wonder if Noah was incredibly brave or unimaginable stupid.

"So?" asked Noah, still waiting for an answer.

"I'm not-" but Aleksei was interrupted by another unbearably loud, "WAAAAAAAAAH."

"For the love of Hades!" he groaned in frustration, his voice drowned by the screams. Aleksei hated babies. He thought that they were useless, ugly and smelly. But as much as he hated the idea of taking care of one, especially with a human, it seemed like faith wasn't giving him much of a choice.

"Alright, fine. We'll work together. Now take this wretched thing away from me."

Noah fought back a smile, quickly taking the baby out of his arms and cradling her gently. Contrary to Aleksei, Noah was great with kids and loved being around them. He had even volunteered to babysit his one-year-old cousin on multiple occasions.

"There, there, don't cry," he hushed. "Daddy's got you."

Aleksei glared at Noah who hummed a small lullaby to calm the baby. She slowly calmed down and her eyes started to close, indicating that she was falling asleep.

"What kind of sorcery is this?" scowled Aleksei, both horrified and impressed by Noah's talent. "What spell did you use to make it shut up?"

"I sang a lullaby. It always calms babies down," he explained. Noah looked up towards Aleksei with a smile. "So we're a married couple now?"

"On one condition," he growled. "We can watch over it together during the day, but the baby sleeps with you at night."

Aleksei couldn't have a baby ruining his few hours of peace. Vampires didn't sleep as humans did. Their version of sleep was simply lying down and closing their eyes without drifting asleep. However, it was just as calming and satisfying, and it was probably the only time of the day Aleksei didn't want to yeet himself out a window.

Noah had read the book Geo and Carl had gifted him: "A guide to understanding vamps." So he knew that vampires loved the night time most.

"Alright, that works for me," smiled Noah, happy that he managed to convince Aleksei. Despite the awful situation, Aleksei found himself staring at the bright smile across Noah's face, thinking that it was the prettiest thing he's seen on a human for a while. It extended to his eyes, so genuinely sweet, like the blossom of the first spring flower or the first drops of golden honey.

"Very well," he sighed, forcing himself to look away. "But let's get one thing clear."

"Hm?" answered Noah, looking up towards Aleksei who shifted his gaze back towards Noah with a grin etched at the corner of his lips.

"Between you and me," he said in his husky voice. "I'm the daddy."

🍒🍒🍒

Please leave a vote for daddy Aleksei 🙏

Do you guys have a favorite character yet?