Emery's Arrival

Tessa's POV
   I just got wheeled into the operating room. Hardin is right by my side. He's wearing coveralls and shoe booties and a surgical cap. I'm given an oxygen mask and told to hold still as they put my arms in restraints for the first part. They give me lots and lots of medicine so I can't feel much, just a ton of pushing and moving around inside of me. Hardin whispers sweet things into my ear, and tells me I'n doing great. During the C section, I've thrown up twice and thankfully it wasn't on Hardin's face. It seems like my sense of time is out the window, and it feels like I've been lying on this table for far too long. Just as I try to talk, through the drugs they've given me, it comes out slurred. Hardin reassures me everything is fine, although I remember him asking if the baby is alright. After that, my memory of what else happened is completely nonexistent.
     When I wake up and look around I realize that I'n being wheeled back into my original room. Hardin is sitting in the chair in the corner feeding a bottle to a tiny bundle of blankets.
"Tessa, you did wonderful. Babe I'm so proud of you.  This Em, is your beautiful and strong Mama." Hardin tells the bundle.
   As he hands her to me, I begin to cry. I'm holding the most precious thing on this planet. My Daughter. She's here. She's okay. I'm okay.
"Hardin, she's perfect, just like you" I cry.
"No Tessa, she's perfect just like her Mama" He whispers to me, as he kisses me on the lips.
"I was so afraid I was going to lose you. You mean the world to me Tess." Hardin says.
    Hardin takes a few pictures as I do skin on skin time with my little bundle of happiness, as the nurse goes and gets my Mother, Karen and Landon. 
"Oh my goodness. I'm a Grandma!" My Mother exclaims. She nervously hugs Hardin and whispers something in his ear and he shakes his head yes. I wonder to myself what all that was about.  Karen is crying as she comes into the room, and tells me she was so worried about me. Landon, on the other hand, comes straight in for a hug. Baby Emery is so little, I still can't believe she's here. It was a stressful delivery, and didn't follow in my plans at all. But right now, all I can be thankful for is my daughter.
After visiting hours are over, I feel exhausted. Hardin is holding Emery in the chair, while I wait for the doctor to come in to check on me. I feel so drained and don't even have the energy to sit up from my spot in my bed.
"Hardin, Something's not right. I don't feel like myself" I tell him.
"Tessa, you lost a ton of blood. I didn't want you to worry but I think you are going to get a few blood transfusions." He tells me.
"What?" I ask as I begin to cry.
"It's okay honey. Everything is going to be okay" He comes over and hugs me with Emery.
Just then the doctor and two nurses come in to check both Emery and myself. They do a lot of pushing on my stomach which makes me cry. They said its part of the healing process. The Doctor has decided I will need two blood transfusions. So they get that started, as Hardin hands Emery to the nurse. He holds my hand as they get the bags all set on my IV and start it. I cant't help but start to cry. I'm so emotional. I can't wait to leave the hospital. Don't get me wrong, everyone has been helpful, but I hate beint poked and touched. Hardin can do a much better care of taking care of me. After the transfusions are done, I drift off to sleep. Hardin lays next to me, while Emery is in her craddle they have. Tomorrow will be easier I hope, but I can't complain, I'm lucky to have Emery and Hardin. Our little family of three.

Hardin's POV
Tessa's C section is over. It was the longest time of my life; Watching her in pain, afraid I was going to lose her at any moment. Baby Emery is here, and my Tessa is okay. That's all I care about. I am the luckiest husband in the world to be blessed with two beautiful girls Tessa and Emery.
I need to call my Mom and let her know everything is okay now. I quietly sneak out of our room and make my way to the waiting room. It's after 11 pm so its very quiet here. Just as I go to sit down and dial her number, I hear a familiar voice arguing with the security desk by the maternity ward entrance.
"You don't understand! My Son and his wife are here. I need to see them right away" the voice says.
"Ma'am you are welcome to cone back tomorrow at visiting hours. It's our policy" the security guard says.
"Mom?" I ask shocked.
"Hardin! Dear Heavens! Is Tessa okay? I flew in as soon as Karen said she was in Labor." My mom exclaims.
I don't mean to start crying as she hugs me, but I do. The emotional roller coaster of the last 20 something hours hits me like a ton of bricks.
"She's doin ok. Emery is healthy and okay too" I tell her.
"Oh I'm so glad. I was so worried. Tell me everything" She smiles.
So I tell her everything that happened, as we talk outside the guard's desk. She agrees to stay at Ken and Karen's house, until tomorrow's visiting hours. I'm so shocked she made the trip. I haven't been close to my Mom, but she is always someone I could be comforted by.
     As I sneak back into our room, Em is snoring like a purrr noise, and my Tessa is sleeping curled up in my spot. I sneak into her bed careful not to wake her and drift off to sleep, dreaming about my family of three.