The Baby Shower

Tessa's POV
The baby shower is beautiful. My Mother and Karen really made it special. The theme of the shower is decorated to be Winnie the Pooh in the 100 acre woods. It's all super cute. I also love how they included Hardin in it, and made it a couple's baby shower. I know secretly deep down, he wanted to be at the shower but he would have never came out and told me, so this way was perfect. The food spread is amazing. The dessert table, is where I start first. Because, why not? They made root beer floats, strawberry shortcake, an adorable baby cake that Sophia made, and cupcakes and brownies that Karen made. The main dishes they have are fried chicken, cheesy potatoes, chips and dips, veggie platter, fruit salad, popcorn, there's just so much food. I can totally see my Mother saying that too much food, is better than running out. Karen gives me a big hug, while my mouth is full of cake.
"I'm sorry I kept the surprise shower from you. We really wanted to surprise the both of you. We still stuck with the theme you wanted, but we could hear it in your voice that you wanted Hardin included" She tells me softly.
"Karen, you surprised both of us so good! Also thank you for including Hardin. I know he didn't want to
miss it, but didn't want to be pushy about being here" I quietly tell Karen.
"What are you two whispering about over here?" Hardin says.
"Oh nothing Babe. Just telling her all about our baby moon trip."
" I definitely want to see pictures! I can't imagine Hardin at Disney world!" Karen Laughs as I join her.
Hardin kisses the top of my head and goes to make a plate of food, as I mingle around and fill my belly. Little baby girl is just kicking away today, especially with all the voices she can probably hear. My Mother comes to sit next to me at the table I'm at.
"So tell me, did we really surprise you?" She asks with hopeful eyes.
" Of course you did, Mom. It's Wonderful." I say
"Good I'm glad, because I hoped that Trish would 'g spill the beans when we told her" She laughs.
   Just then Trish walks over and sits down on the other side of me.
"I don't want to overstep, but could I touch your belly?" Trish asks me while meeting my eyes.
"Of course you can. You can too, Mom" I tell them both.
    Just like that I've got two hands on my belly, just as baby girl kicks. My Mother squeals like she's a little kid on christmas morning, and Trish starts to cry and hug me, as Hardin walks over.
"What's going on? Is everything ok Tess?" Hardin asks with curiosity as he eyes his Mom.
"Yes everything is fine" I say as I smile. "They just wanted to feel baby girl move".
   Trish gets up and hugs Hardin surprising him.
"You make me so proud of the man you've become." She says through tears.
   I can see Hardin's eyes start to water in the corners as he hugs his Mom back and tells her he loves her. To which sends her in even more happy tears. 
    Molly and Logan visit with us next, as they need to leave early for Logan to show a house. Molly has both myself and Hardin hold each of her girls. They are 5 and a half months old now, and as cute as they can be.
"Just you two wait. Once your baby girl is born, I'm scheduling playdates with you, so our girls can play, and so Tessa and I can have some Mommy time together. Trust me, you'll agree" She laughs.
"That sounds fun" I tell her.
"As long as your girls don't teach our daughter truth or dare" Hardin says in a serious tone, which gets Logan rolling with laughter.
The Baby Shower all in all was wonderful. We got too many gifts. Our baby girl is already so spoiled by everyone. We are so thankful for our family and friends. As we finally get home around 11:30 pm I'm exhausted.
"Hey Babe? Do you think we could just crash on the couch? My feet are too swollen to climb the stairs" I tell Hardin.
"Come here my beautiful Tessa" Hardin says as he carries me up the stairs without even a struggle in the world.
"Hardin! Put me down! I didn't say that so you'd carry me, you goof" I say.
"Tessa, I would move heaven and earth for you" Now lay down so I can help you undress and you can wear
my shirt to bed.
"Hardin? I think they are getting too small for me, with my growing belly" I sadly tell him.
"Nope, I picked up a bigger size secretly and I've been wearing those instead around the house, so they smell like me" Hardin explains.
"That so sweet, I'm going to cry"
"No tears Baby. Now shhh and closes your eyes, while I rub your back" Hardin whispers.

Hardin's POV
   Tessa slept in until after 11 today. The baby shower yesterday was such a surprise to the both of us. We are so blessed and even my Mom came from England. Today we are having lunch with her before her flight leaves back home. She wants to very much be here for the birth of her first grandchild but if Tessa would go into Labor early, she's afraid she'll miss it. So we've decided that after the baby is born, she will fly here and meet her first grandchild.
"Tess, hun sorry to wake you, but lunch with my Mom is in an hour. I know you like enough time
to get ready" I gently tell her.
"Okay babe, can you start a shower for me?" Tessa asks as she yawns the biggest yawn I've ever seen.
"Sure sweetheart" I tell her.
      An hour later, we are on the road to meet my Mom at IHOP. Tessa loves their pancakes there. I can watch her eat 6 in a row and still eat her bacon. I find this very funny because before she was pregnant, she ate like a bird. I like this Tessa,because no matter what she does, she is beautiful to me. As we finish our lunch with my Mom, she tells us if anything happens and we need her for the birth or anything, she can be here in a few hours. I assure her, we will be okay, and Tessa tells her she's strong, to which my Mom agrees with laughter. As we go our separate ways, Tessa gets a little emotional.
"I wish your Mom lived closer" She says to me.
" Well that's very kind of you to say, but I don't"
"Hardin! Don't be rude" Tessa says through tears.
"Oh honey, I'm not being rude. I just meant, I know she's happy there and I know living here in the states would drive her mad" I tell Tessa laughing.
    As we drive home, we pass a IKEA, and I surprise her by pulling into the parking ramp.
"What are you doing Babe? You hate IKEA" Tessa questions.
"You need some cheering up. So I'm taking you to
one of your favorite stores" I tell her.
   Tessa does a little happy dance in the front seat next to me. I would walk around IKEA for hours, if it cheers her up about my Mom leaving. And that's just what we do. We walk around IKEA for 2 hours and Tessa's smile is all I can focus on.