Could It be?

Hardin's POV

"Babe, are you sure you're ok to fly? You've been sick all night in the bathroom, and I'm worried about you."
Tessa is someone that hardly ever gets sick. My Mom took us out for the last night of the book tour, to a fancy Seafood restaurant. I know Tessa isn't fond of Seafood but being my Tessa, she didn't complain one bit. It's actually been wonderful having her along on this second book tour. Every free minute I have, I know I'm not just going back to an empty hotel room to call her. I've actually gotten to show her so much in London. It's how the first trip should have gone during my Mom's wedding. That seems like forever ago, those time's when I would push my Tessa away so much. Now we are on a different level and she is my world and I don't fight it anymore.
" Ahhh Hardin? You know what? I'm late. With all the traveling, I guess I haven't been up on my pills. Do you think I'm pregnant?" Tessa's Worried voice asks.
"Baby, If you're pregnant, it would be perfect. We are moving back to the states now that the book tour is over. So no more traveling. You have to take a  pregnancy test asap babe, ok?" As I kissed her forehead in the bathroom doorway. Even though her hair was a mess and she looked drained, she is beautiful to me.
Am I ready to be a Father? I didn't exactly have the best upbringing or role models to go by. None-the-matter I would love that little boy or girl with everything in me. I can just picture that baby having Tessa's beautiful intense eyes and spunk, and my stubbornness and attitude. If she really is pregnant I'd say our life just got a heck of a lot more exciting in phase 2 of our newlywed married life.

Tessa POV
The flight back to the United States was awful. Every little thing made me queasy. Hardin held my hand and slept next to me with a smile plastered on his face. When he would talk to me, his eyes somehow always ended up on my stomach. If I really am pregnant, which I hope to be, will I make a good mother? I want to give everything to this little boy or girl. This baby will be so loved by its daddy and mama, that's for sure. The flight finally came to an end just as I dozed off it seemed. Hardin being Hardin, won't let me carry any of our bags. He is so adorable when he takes care of me. Just as we get to our car, his phone rings.
"Who is it, babe? Is everything ok with the house?" I eagerly ask.
" It's Logan, Hun. Why don't you get in the car, I'll load the bags and call him back."
" No Babe,  I'll answer it" As I take the phone from his hand. "Logan! We are just getting in the car, is the plumbing in our house all set? We are so ready to move into the new house you found us."
" Hey Tessa, Actually I'm driving Molly and I to the hospital right now. Looks like the twins decided to come two weeks early" Logan said nervously. "The plumber is there now, but its not looking so good, I'm really sorry. I hope this doesnt take any creditably I have as a new realtor. I know Hardin is going to be pissed at me. Please tell him I'm so sorry."
" Oh my goodness! That's super exciting. Good Luck and tell Molly she is going to do great. Let us know when they are born, and don't worry about Hardin!"
Just as Hardin slides into the driver's seat, he catches the end of the conversation. I can tell he's deflated about our house.
" I'll call the plumber once I get home Tessa. I'm
really sorry we are kind of homeless now" Hardin says serious then starts laughing.
"Babe, Why don't we call Ken and Karen and ask if they can house us for a few days. It would be really nice to see them, now that we are back."
"If your sure your up for baking with Karen and visiting about our tour nonstop. I'll call them while you run into walgreens, ok?" Hardin says as he kisses me softly on the lips.
"Perfect! Walgreens it is. Do you mind if I rest my eyes until we get there? The flight was horrible for me."
" Of course Baby. Rest your eyes" Hardin says.
  As I close my eyes, my thoughts picture a little baby giggling and smiling at me while Hardin wraps his arms around us both. As I drift off to sleep, the sound of The Fray in the background, and Hardin's hand on my knee ,is all the comfort I need.