Home Sweet Home

Hardin's POV
   Since Tessa has found out she's expecting, you could say I'm in major Husband Mode. So I'm relived when our house is ready for us to move into on Friday. Living with Ken and Karen for a few days has been great, but I'm ready for just Tessa and I again.
  She had her doctors appointment yesterday, And found out she is 8 weeks along already. Tessa says she feels like its a girl. She said its Mother's Intuition already. I believe its a boy. Time will tell us the truth. Tessa made the phone call to her Mother, that we are expecting and her Mother immediately went into Baby shower mode and needed Karen's phone number ASAP. I think she was pleased her Mom reacted that way. We also got a call from Logan yesterday telling us, Molly and him welcomed two little girls, Jade and Melody. Tessa started crying when we went and visited them, and told Molly we are also expecting. Logan gave me advice, and told me I can learn everything from him, because he will be more experienced then me. We both laughed hysterically at that.
As I pull into our new driveway, Tessa kisses my cheek, and sighs.
"Thank you Hardin, for always taking such great care of us. I still can't believe this house is ours."
" Me either babe, Just look at the lawn, and the front porch swing! We can rock the baby out there on warm nights and down the road when the baby is older it can play catch with me in the yard" I tell her.
"Oh Hardin, I love how you are just as excited as I am for this baby" Tessa kisses me again.
As we walk up to our front door, me carrying both suitcases, I set them down on the front porch. I pick up Tessa and carry her through the front door.
"Baby, you don't have to do that! I've been here already before" Tessa giggles.
" I know Tess, but now its truly the begining of us living here" I smile.
As I give Tessa the tour, of how the movers put our furniture in and rearranged it, I ask her if she likes it, as I'm hopeful. I knew my Tessa would love it, which she does. Right in the living room, one whole wall is a huge bookcase from floor to ceiling that was designed into the wall, with a ladder with wheels attached to it, that was one of the must have's we had on our list for Logan. It looks like it came out of one of our favorite classic novels.
   I get Tessa all settled in on the couch with a blanket and the fireplace going, as I begin to attempt some lunch for us both. It's been kind of tricky with her sensitive stomach. As I pop my head in to ask what she would like, I see she has dozed off to sleep. She looks absolutely perfect snuggled on our couch with the fireplace, that I decide lunch can wait. As I join her on the couch and place my arms around my Tessa, the world drifts away into a peaceful slumber for us.

Tessa's POV
  I wake up to find myself wrapped in Hardin's arms. I'm very glad I made us buy the XL couch, because I knew it would be the coziest to sleep on with him. I just love our new house, its just so Us. The next project I want to start tackling with him, is the nursery, and I've been secretly googling this thing called a babymoon, that I want to take with Hardin, before our little one comes. Because Hardin's book tour is over, that means I can go back to work myself. We disagreed on the topic yesterday and had a fight. Not the kind of fight we used to have, but still a disagreement, because Hardin doesn't want me stressing out over wedding planning stuff and traveling to destination weddings while pregnant. So we compromised that I could find a part-time job thats in town here, as long as I'm off my feet until after the baby is born, then I can continue my wedding planning business. At first I was so mad at Hardin for telling me what I can, and cannot do, but I do see his point and understand that he's looking out for me and the baby. I know I wouldn't be able to sit around the house all day and be bored to death. Hardin has book signings, and appearances around here, and his publisher just announced a deadline for his next novel, so he will be busy with his writing career also.
"Hardin, Babe, it's already 5:00, I guess we spent most of our first day in our new home sleeping" I giggle.
"Oh Baby, I'm sorry. I know you wanted to get to organizing the kitchen cupboards today" he says.
" I think it was a perfect first day at home, Love."
"I'm so glad, now let me start supper for you Tess. You still and relax" Hardin says with a smile.
I could get used to relaxing alright, but I need to get online and see what I can come up with for potential jobs. I'm almost positive I'll find something I'm good at, even though my real career as a wedding planner is on hold for now.