Help Wanted

Tessa's POV
It's been a week of endless job searching. Most jobs that I've come across want to hire long term employees, or the job requires long time periods of being on my feet, and that is a hard pass, Hardin says. He is very picky when it comes to finding my part time job. I love him for it though. He has such a kind and caring heart, I couldn't ask for a better husband.
I'm tagging along Hardin today, he has a book signing at a small bookstore downtown right here in town. The store is called, "The Next Chapter" and it is the cutest little bookstore ever. It's sandwhiched between a cafe and a painting studio. Inside the bookstore, it has a main floor with lots of bookshelves and a kids nook then it also has a loft with more bookshelves and couches. The whole store has interior brick walls showing too. If Hardin and I were still in school, we would definitely spend most of our time here. It looks to be the perfect hidden gem for students, mothers with young children, and classic booklovers. A perfect place to relax. The owner is a perky small older woman named Debra, who actually is a huge fan of Hardin's novels and when she heard I was tagging along she just had to meet the real-life Tessa.  As Hardin gets all set up with his table and books for signing, I wander around the store, curiously looking for a good read for myself. As I pass the counter I see a sign that reads:
      -Help Wanted- Part time only- No weekends-
Oh my goodness, This would be a perfect place for me to work! Its such a quiet little book store, located in town, next to food even for my new found love for snacks, and it looks like Debra reads in downtimes in a chair behind the counter, when there isnt any customers. It's the perfect fit. I can't wait to tell Hardin, And tell Debra I want to apply. I just hope I get the job!
"Hardin, Look they are hiring here!" I whisper to him.
"Really? Well you know babe...., and don't get upset ... but I already talked to Debra secretly about you looking for temporary work and told her we are expecting. She wants to hire you right away" Hardin sheepishly says with a grin.
"Are you serious Hardin??? Is that way you booked this signing? It seemed a little different than your usual Barnes and Noble Appearances."
"I had it all planned out for you, Sweetheart. You can actually thank Landon. He and Sophia found this place one Saturday afternoon, and told me to take you when we got back from London."
" Oh Hardin! You just made me the happiest ever! I think someone deserves some extra special time later" I giggle, just as Hardin turns beet red.
   After Hardin's book signing of about 15-20 people showing up, I fill out the necessary paperwork with Debra. She tells me I can start on Monday to shadow her for a bit, then start Tuesday. She has a grandson, who has preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays and every other Friday,and she picks him up those days, so that will be my part-time schedule, from 9 am to 4 pm. I'm super excited to start, and its all thanks to Hardin!

Hardin's POV
I can't believe I pulled off surprising Tessa with this bookstore. She is always the first to find new bookstores around here, but I out-did her this time. Debra the owner helped keep hiring her a secret, until Tessa saw the make shift help wanted sign at the counter. It worked perfectly. As I drive us home, we decide to pick up an easy dinner of chinese food at our favorite little place. I'm holding Tessa to her flirty promise from early for tonight too. I think she is so beautiful but so far, pregnancy has added such an extra glow to her already beautiful appearance. I feel like the luckiest guy when we walk into any place, and people look at her and wonder why she's holding my hand and with me. I will never tire of being her everything.
In a few weeks Tessa has her doctors appointment to find out the gender. We've agreed that we want to know, and she told me about this thing called a gender reveal party. So we are going to have a small get together at our new house and announce it in front of all of our close family and friends. So tomorrow Tessa, her Mother and Karen are going to look at some different party supplies for the gender reveal, while Ken and I paint the nursery while she's out of the house. Partly to suprise her, and partly because she's too stubborn and if she's there she will insist on helping. She already picked out a gender neutral color of a pastel light green. I joked about black and she laughed so hard, she just about peed herself.
Just as we get home, and finish eating, Tessa gives me a wink and heads off to the bathroom to shower. I take that as my cue to get up ans join her. She isn't too shy about her small growing baby bump, but no matter what size my Tessa is, she is mine and beautiful to me.