Jeweler (Part Fourteen)

Clicking greeted Mumbo's ears the moment he teleported in. Tango was crumpled off to the side, the rise and fall of his chest the only indication of life.

"He'll be alright," A gruff voice eased Mumbo's fears. When everyone turned to look at the man who had spoken, he didn't even bother to look up. TFC was refining a gem and was not going to take his eyes off of it. "Netherites don't take teleportation well."

Tango didn't even stir at the sound of voices. Grian looked at Mumbo with distress before leaning over Tango. Xisuma lent Grian a warm cloth to press on the Netherite's forehead.

"Who are you?" Xequla barked from the back corner. Iskall glared at him before muttering something incomprehensible.

"If you didn't bother to learn my name, Xequla, then it shouldn't bother you." TFC put down his tools and pulled his glasses up. "I have had many names, as have you."

Xequla scowled but did not reply. Xisuma took the lead on telling TFC what had happened so far and why they needed him. The whole time TFC just listened, nodding his head from time to time.

"I see," he commented when Xisuma had finished. The End Stone was nowhere in sight, but every stone was hidden in a different way. Zedaph had his on a pendant around his neck.

"Can you come with us?" Xisuma asked, knowing that there wasn't much of a choice.

"No."

Everyone was shocked, even Xequla stopped glowering for a second. Mumbo could have sworn he heard him say, "Stupid old man."

"But we can't fix anything without the End Stone..." Xisuma prodded, trying to get TFC to change his mind.

"Is there any immediate threat?" TFC hunkered over his gem again.

"Not exactly... The poison is spreading and our camera men have been taken over."

"Have you been accosted by the poison?"

"No," Xisuma lowered his head, knowing what TFC was going to say.

"If you have no idea where this light stone is, perhaps you should stay here and train." Satisfied with his contraption, TFC took the gem to a cabinet. "Tango needs time to recover anyway."

"Train?" Grian turned his head towards Mumbo who shrugged in reply.

"You have End Magic in your blood, young man." TFC studied Grian thoughtfully. "Perhaps Xisuma would be kind enough to help you hone in on it and Iskall to share his knowledge."

When no one made a move, TFC took a more commanding position. "Xisuma. Iskall. Grian. Back room. I want to see progress."

They quickly scrambled to do his bidding while he continued, "Zedaph, fly Tango down the hall to your right. There will be an infirmary at the end."

"Where do I go?" Xequla muttered as Zedaph hoisted an unconscious Tango easily onto one shoulder.

"You and I are going to have a talk."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"End magic is confusing," Xisuma paced around the small room while Iskall looked bored.

Grian was currently leaning against a wall, having been there for a good half an hour listening to Xisuma drone on about the concerns about End Magic.

"Xisuma," Iskall interrupted the lecture, much to Grian's relief. "Maybe we let him use it, instead of tell him."

"Very well," Xisuma turned to face Grian again. "Aim a small blast at me, and keep it small."

Grian hadn't used the magic before, except when he felt anger at Xequla, and that was an accident. The name of his alternate universe still bugged him, but he shoved the thought out of his mind.