Damian's POV

Helen entered the meeting room and immediately sat too close to me for my liking. I guess she also forgot to button her shirt up again? It seems like she's still playing this childish game. I've told her many times to stay away from me, but she's someone who really can't take a hint, maybe something more explicit will help her understand.

"Helen, do you know what I pay you for?" I asked her. 

"For my service sir, which I'm very grateful for." she said pouting, maybe she thought that made her look cute or attractive. In that case she definitely needs to practice her expressions more.

"Okay, then explain what you're doing now. What is this service in particular?" I said pointing to her arm touching mine. She immediately retracted it and abruptly moved away. 

"That's what I thought, please consider what's written in your contract and don't add any unnecessary  'services' to the list. There's plenty of other places that offer those for a reasonable price. If I am ever in need, I'll be there, not here." hopefully I finally got her where I needed her to be. 

"I'm sorry sir" she squeaked out.

"Did you inform Miss Alverez about the time?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow. Something felt off and her silence only confirmed that. 

"Did you or did you not tell her I needed her here 30 minutes earlier to revise for the meeting?" Her face screamed guilty, guilty, guilty.

"Listen carefully, lately you've been playing a lot with fire. Consider this your very last warning, Helen." with that she completely changed her posture and maybe finally seemed to grasp the seriousness of my tone. 

One by one the employees started entering the meeting room, along them I finally spotted Isabelle, looking pretty disoriented as always. 

"Sit down Miss Alverez." I said pointing to a chair next to mine. She placed her bag down and started handing out copies  to everyone. But before she could get to the third person I stood up and reached for her arm. 

"What do you think you're doing?" I hissed out. For a second I felt bad for confronting her this way in front of everyone. She looked very taken aback with an innocent look.

"I'm preparing for the meeting." she stated as if it was painfully obvious. "That's not your job, I told you to send them to Helen for a reason. Sit down." I took the papers out of her hand and laid them in front of Helen who instantaneously got the message and stood up to hand them out. Maybe it was time for her to go after all. I let out a long sigh, massaging my temples again. Why is it so difficult for everyone to follow their given positions?

"You know if I wanted two secretaries I'd get two secretaries. At the moment you're practically my right hand and you don't do someone else's job, you do what 'I' tell you to do, understood?"  I whispered to keep the conversation between us only. She looked back with her eyes slowly widening, embarrassed by the situation.

"I understand." she let out a weak whisper.

We were greeted with Serpano and his men. I observed whether the man from yesterday was present as well.

He was, just as I expected. To follow along I asked Jacob to do a little bit of research on this guy and found out he was her ex boyfriend. From the way she backs off every time she sees him I can only assume they didn't end it on very good terms. On the other hand, I always see him smirking when watching her, as if he's laughing at her misery. His behavior overall was pretty disturbing to me.  Hmm, Isabelle certainly isn't the only one he makes very uncomfortable. 

Not once did I notice him not looking at her, but Isabelle successfully managed to ignore it this time around. Can't explain what exactly I was feeling, but for some reason I felt very proud of her.