two

The sound of the bells on the door snapped Minho out of his reverie, immediately fixing his mask and going back to the cash register only to see a familiar face skipping towards him, a smile on his face.

"Hi again! Remember me?" He asked, pulling on the straps of his backpack, his eyes practically sparkling as he asked him that.

'How could I forget you? ' Was the first response that came to Minhos' mind when the blue haired boy asked him but instead of saying that, he shook his head. "We have so many customers here. You're just another passerby to me."

He watched as the smile on his face slipped off for a fraction of a second but quickly returned and Minho couldn't help but wonder if the boy before him was mentally sound or not because he had replied to him in such a cold tone so why was he still smiling?

"That's alright! I'll just reintroduce myself again! I'm Han Jisung!" He stuck his hand out for him to shake but slowly lowered it when all Minho did was stare blankly back at him, clearly unamused by his attempt to introduce himself.

Jisung cleared his throat, trying to get rid of the sudden awkwardness he felt before he pointed at the same cake he had the day before. "I'd like that and a latte please," he ordered. He looked around for a while and realised that the barista from yesterday wasn't there. "Oh. Where's Felix?"

Minho almost dropped the plate he was holding. "How'd you know his name?"

"He introduced himself to me yesterday when I asked for some sugar and cream. Is he not working today?"

And as if on cue, the blonde haired boy walked in with a shorter boy following closely behind him. When Felix saw Jisung, he immediately started to wave at him while the shorter boy nodded in acknowledgement of his presence.

The pair then disappeared into the staff room, leaving Minho and Jisung alone to continue with their awkward staring session.

Minho envied Felix.

He envied how he could attract friends left and right without barely trying, his bright smile being enough to reel them in. And, although he wouldn't admit it then, he felt a tinge of jealousy when the boy before him had asked about Felix and his whereabouts.

He was so lost in thought that he didn't realise Jisung tapping his hand until the bells chimed again and in came more of Felixs' friends who he was simply acquaintances with.

"Are you alright?" Jisung asked, his eyes wide and filled with concern.

"How would you like to pay?" Minho asked, monotonous and back to his cold tone, completely ignoring Jisungs' question.

As the cafe got louder because of the group that just entered, after paying Jisung went to his spot by the window and plugged in his earpieces, not even realising that this time instead of him glancing over at Minho, Minho was the one stealing glances to admire him, the blue haired boy with a smile so bright that it could rival the sun itself.

Minho had no idea why but he couldn't stop himself from looking at Jisung and noticing small things from how he had clipped his hair up with a tiny black clip while he wrote things down furiously to how he took the smallest slices of cake every few minutes.

He was so engrossed in his observations that he didn't realise Felix nudging him.

"Why're you so spaced out today?" Hwang Hyunjin, one of Felixs' many friends asked, his arms wrapped around Yang Jeongins' waist as per usual.

Felix followed his friends' line of sight and once it landed on Jisung, he let out a loud 'oh', so loud that even the said boy looked up for a while before going back to whatever he was that he was doing.

"Minho has a crush!" Felix said, earning a glare and a shove from Minho who began readjusting his mask again.

"Who is it?" Kim Seungmin asked, placing his face in his hands as he leaned over the countertop.

Minho wasn't as close to them as he was with Felix but even then, he couldn't even call Felix his close friend mostly because they only talked during work hours.

So, he hated the fact that they were prying about his non-existent crush and kept his mouth shut, not wanting to scare them off with his harsh words.

The oldest in the group, Bang Chan, took notice of his reluctance to answer and naturally redirected the conversation elsewhere. "Speaking of crushes, how are you and Changbin?" he asked, causing both Felix and the shorter boy, Changbin, to blush profusely.

"Oi you can't just go around asking things like that!" Changbin said, crossing his arms.

As the rest of them continued to talk, Minho had distanced himself from their conversation, instead more focused on how the boy was now holding three highlighters in one hand and a pen in the other.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

Closing time came and Felix, along with his friends, left before Minho, leaving behind Minho to do the closing up of the cafe.

Jisung had left a few minutes after them, flashing a smile at Minho before he left which Minho didn't return.

When he went over to the table that Jisung had sat on, he noticed a note written on a pastel pink post it.

" the cafe was really busy today and you looked really really tired :(( i think you should rest more!

btw, were they your friends? because if they are, why did you look so left out :(  i didnt hear you laugh at all today but then again that might be because i had my earpieces on haha"

Minho had no idea that Jisung was actively trying to listen for his laugh but the thought alone of someone looking out for him confused him and startled him, especially because it was a stranger he didn't even know anything about besides his name.

Han Jisung.

He had introduced himself three times now but for some reason, Minho kept making him repeat himself.

He turned the post it around and felt a ghost of a smile tug on the corners of his lips.

" btw! they were so noisy so this was me the entire time " Under the words was a squirrel drawing but this time, the squirrel was angry and throwing highlighters at a group of stickmen who Minho assumed was Felixs' friends.

Then he noticed that he had drawn a stickman further away from the group and had drawn a heart around him.

" this is you! youre quiet and the only one i like from that noisy group hmph. but anyways, i'll see you again tomorrow! <3 "

And for some reason, Minho started to look forward to tomorrow.