twelve

When he heard all about Jisungs' family life from how he was always bullied in school to how his own father felt the need to add onto that bullying, Minho felt fury course through his veins.

Not only were people being critical over someone they barely knew (although he too would admit he barely knew Jisung) but his home, which was supposed to be a safe haven, had turned into his own nightmare as well and left him with no where else to run to.

"...I guess that's why he's always had trouble making friends but surprisingly, he chose to approach you and it worked out well," Younghyun said, gently icing the bruises that stained Jisungs' skin, the younger flinching even in sleep. "You must really be a kind person huh Minho?"

Minho averted his gaze. To him, calling him kind was an overstatement that he didn't deserve considering how often he had avoided the boy as well.

"I don't have that many friends either so..." Younghyun looked at him, genuine curiosity etched on his features. "I guess I saw a bit of myself in Jisung."

Younghyun nodded, smiling to himself as Minho left the two in his room and went to the kitchen to prepare a late dinner with ingredients he had bought a while back.

As the pasta cooked, Minho stirred the sauce absentmindedly, his thoughts preoccupied with none other that Han Jisung, the boy that, for what it was worth, was a lot stronger than he looked.

Minho clicked his tongue as bits of sauce fell onto his thumb, scalding him. He walked over to the tap and let the burn shower under cold water, mentally scolding himself for letting his thoughts wander while cooking.

The door to his room had been left slightly ajar and Minho couldn't help but shift his head slightly so that he could see glimpses of the sleeping face of Jisung.

Despite the obvious tiredness, his face glowed like that of an angel, the moonlight embracing him making him appear even more ethereal as if he had stepped out of fantasy and had walked right into Minho's house. In his sleep, he looked completely at peace, his eyebrows relaxed and his lips no longer in a forced smile.

The sight of him was calming.

But upon feeling his hand go numb under running water as well as the sound of the sauce sputtering, Minho returned to cooking, shaking his head as though it would prevent him from picturing just how lovely Han Jisung was and how he didn't want him to get hurt again-

"Stop thinking," Minho murmured to himself, lightly smacking his head as he mixed the sauce into the pasta.

After eating, Younghyun had to leave despite it being an ungodly hour. "If you don't mind, could you take care of him while I go back and check on our mom and grab his things? Kinda just rushed out without thinking much," he said and how could Minho possibly decline?

Once he had left, Minho placed the remaining pasta in the fridge, switching off the lights in his house before entering his bedroom where Han Jisung lay.

Sighing, he approached him and fixed the blanket, tucking him in gently before making his way back out. And then he felt a tug, a pull backwards that caused him to turn and face him, eyes half open and still groggy with sleep.

"Don't go please," Jisung muttered, holding onto the sleeve of his pajama top and refusing to let go. "I don't want you to leave so please don't go," he pleaded, a little louder this time. "Please."

His eyes were teary, his tears a blink away from falling as his free hand clutched onto the blanket tightly. "Are you sure?" Jisung nodded, tears rolling down his face.

And the next thing he knew, he was next to the younger boy, Jisung locking pinkies with him under the blanket before he closed his eyes again, shifting closer to Minho who covered his shoulders with the blanket.

Once he was sure that he was asleep, Minho debated on whether or not he should leave him be but as though Jisung knew of it, his pinky tightened around his.

Gently, Minho tucked loose strands of hair behind the sleeping boys' ear, suppressing a smile when Jisung hummed happily in his sleep.

And even when he tried to fall asleep that night, he found himself aware of every shuffle, every movement and every breath that came from Han Jisung himself.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

vee talks!
thank you for reading!

as of right now, i think this story will receive monthly updates (aka 1/2 updates per month) mainly bc i easily get writers block for this story but again, I REALLY WANT TO WRITE IT TO THE END so i'm not going to completely give up on it yet :)

love y'all please take care <33