seven

"Knock knock!"

"Why'd you say that when I saw you come in?" Minho asked, Jisung laughing as he swayed back and forth in front of the cash register after knocking on the counter twice.

The entirety of last night, all Minho could think about was Han Jisung — what was he doing? Has he eaten yet? What was it that made him feel off? Minho wanted to know it all, from the most obvious to the most miniscule details.

He didn't know what exactly it was about Jisung that made him act in such a way but all he knew was that if he wasn't careful, he was putting himself up for more hurt and, he knew that his heart wasn't ready for that.

Not yet.

But despite knowing those things, he couldn't help the way his heart fluttered every single time Jisung so much as looked at him, his one smile bringing upon a world of warmth that was just so comforting that it seemed almost unreal to the older boy.

He wasn't used to it.

But he knew that everything he was feeling, everything he was stopping himself from feeling was entirely on him and him alone, Jisung merely unlocking everything he had tried to suppress.

So as he stared at the blue haired boy before him, he tried his best to relax a little bit more than before and he hoped that his little effort would be noticed by the younger.

"You seem happier than the last time I saw you! I-is it possibly because of me...?"

"Don't assume things Jisung," Minho said, instinctively keying in his usual order without even thinking twice about it, only snapping out of it when he heard the metal fork drop onto the floor, the sound resonating around the room. "What the fuck-"

"Yo-you called me by my first name! N-normally you say 'Han Jisung' this and 'Han Jisung' that but you just said my first name!" Jisung exclaimed, his smile so bright that Minho felt as though he were blinded. "I-I'm really happy about that," Jisung added on, picking up the fork he dropped and handing it to Felix with a short apology.

"It's not a big deal-"

"It took you like five months before you stopped calling me Lee Felix though," Felix interjected, shrugging nonchalantly as he washed and dried the fork, placing it back into the cutlery holder.

Minho turned around and shot a glare at Felix, the younger boy staring back at him with an innocent expression as though saying that he hadn't said anything wrong (which was true but Minho didn't want Jisung to know that).

"By the way, are you feeling better Ji?" Felix asked, leaning over the counter and placing his head on Jisungs' forehead. "You said you didn't feel well yesterday but I realise I never followed up."

"You two text each other?" Minho couldn't hide the shock in his voice, his tone going up a few notches before he cleared his throat in an attempt to reign himself in.

Felix nodded, saying that they normally texted ever so often because they realised that they went to the same high school but had never gotten close due to different classes.

Minho knew that Jisung would obviously text other people besides him and that he had no right to control anything in his life but a part of him couldn't help but feel a tinge of jealousy, his fists balling up by his sides habitually as he tried to expel the green-eyed monster from his system.

To Minho, a person like Jisung was sure to have a large group of friends so the very fact that he had felt special when Jisung called him made him realise how delusional he was being — why did he feel so special when Jisung probably did that to everyone else?

"...yeah but I prefer talking to Minho over the phone!" Jisung's voice interrupted Minho's thoughts. "We've only talked once but I enjoyed it a lot."

"That's honestly so rude, can't believe you've done this," Felix said, putting his hands over his heart and feigning heartache. "Friendship over before it even began."

Jisung laughed, pausing for a second to make eye contact with Minho before smiling at him and taking his drink and cake back to his normal seat by the window.

Minho followed his movement, his eyes trailing after him as though he were a moth and Jisung was the flame. Then, he felt a slight nudge followed by Felix's voice. "You still in denial about liking him?" Minho rolled his eyes at Felix, the younger going back to making coffee. "I'm just saying, first step is admitting that those feelings exist — makes life a lot easier."

Still in denial.

Minho kept thinking about Felix's words, replaying them over and over again as he absentmindedly keyed in people's orders.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

When Minho got back from the toilet, Jisung was already gone and for the first time since he's been to the cafe, Minho realised that Jisung didn't even come close to finishing his cake, only little nibbles having been taken out of it.

Yet again, there was no post it left behind, Minho finding himself frowning at the lack thereof as he cleaned the table.

"Oh that's a lot of wasted cake," Felix commented, taking the glass from Minho who simply nodded in reply. "I really wonder if he truly is alright."

"So do I," Minho whispered, Felix unable to hear what he said and continuing to wash the cup peacefully, unaware of the mini crisis Minho was having.

He kept staring at his phone, making sure that it wasn't on silent and that he didn't mute his notifications for apps but regardless of how many times he checked, he still didn't receive a single message from Jisung.

And soon, it was closing time, Minho plugging in his earpieces as he travelled back home, still waiting for a message from the one and only Han Jisung.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

[a/n: BYE IDK WHAT THIS IS this is so ???? also, but this story (and my nyukyu one called red) are rly just vibing with those few constant readers which is VERY CUTE but where are you guys from like are you from FANBOY?? MIXTAPE??? do tell uwu]