thirteen

"You seem extra gloomy today," Felix commented, fixing his apron as he looked for coffee beans. Minho scoffed, muttering about how he was always that way but nevertheless double checked the display before the cafe opened up for the day.

A part of Minho couldn't stand leaving Jisung on his own after what the boy had just experienced but on the other hand, he still had to work to sustain the bare minimum and so, after preparing breakfast for the boy (who was still fast asleep when he left), he hurriedly made his way to the cafe.

Once he flipped the sign over from closed to open, he leaned against the countertop, waiting for the morning rush to come with sleepy passerbys getting a whiff of coffee and deciding that they needed that extra caffeine to start their day.

As usual, Felix greeted everyone that came while Minho simply took their order and processed their payments.

But despite the normalcy of it all, the nagging feeling never quite left Minho, the boy constantly on edge and waiting for some kind of call or message from Jisung.

The morning passed by in a blur, rays of afternoon sun shining through the windows and yet, no sign of Jisung. Minho couldn't help but wonder if he was still asleep or maybe he had found something fun to do and forgotten all about the events of yesterday.

That was until he saw a familiar boy enter the cafe, Felix greeting him happily with a hug and Minho finding himself having to stop the smile that had started to form on his face. "Afternoon!" Jisung said, smiling at the pair and once more, Minho felt as though the sun paled in comparison to Han Jisung.

Felix looked between the two before letting out a sudden noise, shocking them both. "He's wearing your hoodie!" Jisung looked at the black hoodie on him and instantly felt heat creeping onto his ears while Minho stared at him fervently. "I've seen you wear this before so-"

Jisung placed a hand over Felixs' mouth, immediately shutting the blonde boy up (but not quite stopping the smirk that he wore). "I swear it's only because it's chilly today and I don't have my clothes at your house-"

"So you two live together?" Felix yelled, breaking free from Jisung and pointing at the pair, completely disregarding that other people were also inside the cafe and earning a smack on the head from Minho who would've done more if he weren't lazy to go over the counter. "You two move so fast-"

Jisung raised his hands in objection, clearly panicked about the sudden accusation while Minho already felt tired of it, grabbing a pastry and shoving it into Felixs' mouth. "So when did you two...?" Felix said, his voice muffled as he chewed on the croissant.

"We aren't together. I'm just letting him stay over because of some complications," Minho replied calmly, noticing that customers were beginning to give them odd looks and that Felix would not stop until his curiosity was fed. "Also, you have coffee orders to make so go back to that."

Felix let out a soft 'oh', pouting slightly at how Minho snuffed out his excitement but still looking between the pair and expecting to observe some kind of scenario.

After Felix went back to where he was supposed to be, Minho met eyes with Jisung, the younger automatically shifting in his spot before opening his mouth to speak. "I'm sorry-"

"A chocolate cake and iced latte for you right?"Minho asked, already keying in his order as though it were second nature. "And you have nothing to apologise for so don't start with that." Jisung nodded, taking out his wallet and right after paying, his feet went straight to his usual spot even though he had nothing to study that day.

As the cake heated, Minhos' eyes wandered over to where Jisung sat, now noticing more and more of the little habits that he had like how he constantly pulled on the sleeves of the hoodie to cover his hands and how often he would put his hand on his leg to stop it from shaking.

When he went to deliver his order to him, Jisung instantly smiled just as the rays of light shone upon him making it appear as though he had a halo above his head in that very instance. "Thank you!" he said, taking his hands out from the hoodie sleeve and slowly eating the cake as he stared outside.

Minho wondered what he was thinking of — could it be about his father? His mother? His brother? Or was he the topic of Jisungs' thoughts? Whatever it may be, Minho wanted to know. But, he knew better than to invade what might be personal for him so he turned around, about to make his way back to the counter when he head Jisungs' voice.

"Thank you for letting me stay with you." He bowed slightly, Minho finding the sight funny yet oddly endearing. "And um, for staying with me too!" he added in, still facing the floor. "I mean last night you know? Because you stayed with me and um..."

"You don't need to thank me for that," Minho said, Jisung lifting his face and locking eyes with Minho.

By his lips was a spot of chocolate, the boy clearly having been too preoccupied by his thoughts to even notice which caused a light chuckle to come from Minho. Absentmindedly, he took a tissue from the table and leaned forward to wipe it away.

But when he came back to reality and noticed just how close their faces had come and how red Jisungs' cheeks were, he stumbled backwards, crumpling the tissue in his hand. "You...should clean up after yourself," he said, pointing at the tissues on the table. "I'll see you at home." Jisung nodded as Minho walked back to the counter, both of them clearly too flustered to realise that they had acknowledged Minhos' apartment to be their home.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

vee talks!
this months update came kinda late but hello! i hope everyones been doing alright <3