eleven

"What brings you to my humble abode at 10pm-" Minho shoved the phone in Felixs' face, the blonde immediately shutting up as he squinted and read through the screenshots of messages slowly. "Is this...Is this a threat regarding Jisung?"

Minho nodded, getting inside the house quickly (but still remembering to take his shoes off). He hadn't visited Felix in a long time but he knew that if it was help that he sought for, Felix was the right person to start with.

He gave his phone to him letting him read for himself all the words that Jisungs' father had thrown out crassly from how he would make cripple the boy if he were to see him again to how he would send the him to a camp that focused on "fixing" his sinful behaviour.

It irked Minho to the core. How could a father ever think of hurting their child simply because he couldn't conform to the norms of sexuality? How could he even call himself a father when he lacked every attribute that fathers were supposed to have?

It made Minho sick thinking about how such a cheerful and kind person grew up in such a suffocating place, knots forming in the pit of his stomach at the thought of him forcing such optimism out to balance the heaviness he felt at home.

Felix sat down next to him on the couch, placing his phone back in his hands. "We could get him arrested for this," Felix started, already taking his phone out and almost contacting someone before Minho placed a hand over his, stopping him.

"We need to find Jisung first and plus, with only my texts as proof I highly doubt anything will happen — even if your boyfriends' dad is a cop." Felix hit him lightly on the arm, coughing at the sudden mention of a boyfriend. "But you talk to him a lot right? So you know where he lives?"

Felix cleared his throat, trying to remember if he had mentioned it before and after a few seconds, he hit Minho repeatedly on the arm causing the older boy to catch his hand and move away.

"The...the high school I went to! It's not so far from here and if I remember correctly, he used to live somewhere in that area but then again, years have passed since then so-" Minho got up hurriedly, inputting the address of the high school into his phone and searching for nearby residential buildings. Felix let out an exclamation causing Minho to turn around and stare at him as if asking him what he was reacting to. "You've never been so...I don't know how to say it but I guess active? This is the first I've seen you emote like this so I guess I was kind of shocked. A good shocked!"

Minho stopped himself, the map loading on his phone. Felix had a point and the fact that Minho knew he did made him even more agitated with himself. Why was he rushing to help a boy he barely knew when in other circumstances, he would've just called the police and let it be?

You like him. A small voice at the back of his head whispered, Minho sighing in disbelief before sitting back down annoyed.

He had told himself to not fall for anyone, much less some random boy that wasted time in the cafe he worked at and yet there he was, throwing himself into a problem that he had no direct part of.

He was complicating things for himself and the fact was, it felt like all his logical reasoning had shut down on him leaving him to act rashly based on feelings alone.

Feelings — in his head, they were useless and all they brought about was a world of suffering. They never resulted in anything good (based on his own experiences) and yet after thinking about it for a few minutes, he was back in action, running in the direction that the gps was leading him to despite his head yelling at him to run back home instead.

Home was a safety net but after Jisungs' visit and sudden exit, that same home he had kept void and monochrome suddenly became so filled with life and absence, Han Jisung bringing about a splash of colour into the dull space he used to merely exist within.

You're being stupid. He knew that it was idiotic but at the same time, his heart had taken complete control over him, his will to rescue Jisung stronger than any semblance of practicality left in his body.

He kept running.

Building to building, floor to floor, looking and listening out for anyone that resembled Jisung and getting doors slammed in his face for knocking at every house which had their lights on and disrupting their peaceful night.

It was a headache.

Everything about the whole situation he was in felt like a migraine waiting to happen, his legs getting worn out from his endless running and his momentary adrenaline dying down.

He called Felix, wanting to just leave it up to the authorities but the very second he picked and his deep hello was heard from the other side of the line, a man, seemingly a few years older than him walked out of a building at the back that he had thought was closed.

Standing up and staring at him (with Felix still on the line asking him what happened), he noticed a boy on his back and felt his heart sink when he realised that it was none other than Jisung.

"Just send the stuff to Changbin first. I need to check something." He hanged up immediately after, approaching the man and stopping him in his tracks. "Are you Jisungs' dad?"

The man scoffed. "I wouldn't even call him dad..." He shifted his position, a sudden realisation dawning on his features. "You're the boy my brother talked to me about aren't you?" Minho felt his ears turn red at the attention he was receiving from him, the older of the pair letting out a soft 'ooh' before showing him a smile that greatly resembled that of Jisungs'. "I'm Younghyun. I doubt Jisung talked about me to you but it feels like I know you already."

"Is there something in the air you two breathe? How are you both so chipper all the time?" The moment he spoke, Jisung inched slightly, Younghyun fixing his position and keeping him steady. "Is he...did he..." he trailed off, unable to even find the words to ask what had happened to him.

Younghyun let the smile fall from his face, taking in a sharp inhale of breath as he shook his head. "I'll tell you what happened but for now, mind if we crash at your place? To be honest, I took him out of there with no clear plan as to where I was gonna go so-"

Jisung shifted, letting out a soft noise that resembled that of an animal in pain.

"I'll hail a cab for us," Minho said, anger he hadn't felt in a long time burning inside him at the sight of injured Jisung.

࿐ ࿔*:・゚

vee talks!
guess who's back to this story <3
honestly i wasn't sure if i shld bother but recently, i've seen people asking for an update and in a way, it motivated me to get back to this story (even if it's to publish one chapter)

to those that are still around and reading this, thank you so much <3 i hope that i'll have the motivation to keep this going and to see it through till the end and i also hope you guys enjoy it till the last chapter :D

stay safe and take care loves!