Chapter 1: Routines

Start from the beginning

"Y-Y-Y/N-chan!!!" He cries, "I'm so touched! You really know what ta say to people!"

Y/N quickly glances around to make sure they're not disturbing the other passengers, letting out a silent sigh when no one seems to be bothered.

"A-A-Akagi-senpai! Is this a r-r-remix?"

"Don't ruin the moment."

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

After getting off the bus with Akagi, Y/N proceeds to walk over to the gymnasium with him, chatting light-heartedly along the way. Once they make it to the clubroom, they aren't surprised to see Kita and the twins already there.

"Mornin' N/N! Akagi!" Atsumu chirps, Osamu mumbles a small "Mornin'."

Kita looks up from some files he's sorting out, he carefully packs them away as he stands up to greet them.

"Good mornin', Michinari, Y/N. You should dress more warmly, Y/N, the cold weather could cause you to catch a cold."

"Mornin' Shinsuke!"

"Good morning to you too, Kita-senpai. You already know I don't get cold easily, I'm sorry for disappointing you though." Y/N says, she quickly puts her belongings away and excuses herself to find the coaches.

"Man, N/N sure works hard~" Atsumu sighs. "She's just got here but she's already gone off ta work~"

"That's 'coz we can't all be lazy pigs like you." Osamu drones.

"Oi, shut it!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After Y/N chats with the coaches, she thoroughly checks over the equipment in the storage room, taking note of anything that needs to be replaced. Once everything is checked over, she takes out her old club book from the previous school year, it's filled with their stat sheets and various notes.

Taking out a new notebook from her bag, she starts writing the names of the remaining third and second year members, wanting to be as organised as possible. She then takes out her phone to message herself a few reminders.

"Ah, L/N-chan!" A familiar voice calls her. Y/N looks over at the girl, Kagawa Ginko is the other second year manager of the Inarizaki Volleyball Club. Her silver hair is cut in a pixie bob, Y/N thinks she's cute.

"It's good to see you again, Kagawa-chan." Y/N smiles, hugging her quickly. "I missed you a lot."

"Ehh whatcha talkin' 'bout? We saw each other a few weeks ago..."

Y/N pouts, "Those weeks were too long and painful for me, I've been counting down the seconds until I could see you again." She dramatically wipes away a non-existent tear as she looks off into the distance. Kagawa cringes at her cheesiness and Y/N snickers at her pain.

The current club members are gathered around the coaches, a few members from the previous year had resigned to focus on their studies, but the majority had chosen to stay.

"I know we only just got back, but the first years will be joinin' this week, remember to be nice and don't cause trouble, lookin' at you Atsumu." Coach Kurosu begins, Atsumu flinches when he's called out. "We'll be givin' out uniforms at the end of next week once we're done with tryouts 'n stuff. Interhigh's just 'round the corner so I don't want any slackers 'kay?"

Coach Kurosu continues talking with the members, occasionally letting Coach Oomi chime in whenever he has something to say. The club members listen diligently and pipe in with the occasional bad joke, usually from Atsumu.

Once Coach Kurosu and Coach Oomi finish going over the details for the club, the members are dismissed and they prepare to attend the opening ceremony.

"Let's head over together N/N~" Atsumu cheerfully swings his arm around Y/N's shoulders. She stares at him coldly before removing his arm.

"No thanks, I'm going with Osamu."

"WE'RE ALL GOIN' THE SAME WAY!"

Suna, who has been filming the whole interaction, narrates in a monotone; "And just like that, Atsumu was rejected once again."

"OI SHUT IT!"

"Devastated, Atsumu cried out to nobody," Suna continues. "'I'm fine!' He told himself, but it was a lie. Once again, the beautiful Y/N chose his twin brother over him; Osamu, the more handsome brother."

"WE LITERALLY HAVE THE SAME FACE!"

"Nah, I'm pretty sure Osamu's better looking." Y/N says.

"Don't mind." Osamu smirks. Ginjima facepalms, already done with everyone's antics.

"How can Osamu be more handsome if he and Atsumu are identical twins? I don't understand." Kita questions, Akagi is snickering behind him while Oomimi and Ojiro look completely unimpressed. Atsumu brightens up, looking at Kita like he's his saviour.

"Kita-san!"

"Ehh you don't see it, Kita-senpai?" Y/N interrupts, smiling innocently. "Clearly Osamu is the better looking twin."

"Yes, I agree with Y/N." Suna plays along, subtly smirking when Atsumu glares at him.

"Everyone always tells me I'm the more handsome twin." Osamu adds, purposely ignoring Atsumu.

"No they don-"

"Is that so? Well I assume you would know better anyway, and Y/N always has a good eye for aesthetics and beauty."

Betrayed by Kita's words, Atsumu collapses on the floor looking stricken.

"YOU GUYS ARE SO MEAN!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"You're always so mean to Atsumu-san!" Kagawa exclaims. "I get that he's a massive pain but I don't really understand! You two seem so close but you're always mean to him y'know?"

Y/N hums in agreement, she is a bit mean, just a bit, but it's never anything serious.

"I guess that's just how I show my love."

"Eh?"

"Um... you know how like... The more you like someone, or the closer you are... the more you bully them? It's like- ARGH! I can't explain!"

"Wait, do ya like Atsumu-san??"

"Not in the way you're thinking, Kagawa-chan!" Y/N groans, already knowing she's getting the wrong idea. "What I mean is that... the closer you are with your friends, the meaner you are? Isn't that how it is?"

"Nah, I think you're just mean."

"Eh, that's true too." 

~~~~~

Hnnggg... exchanging English for colloquial language in their speech is kind of painful but necessary :')) It's so difficult for me XD but since they speak in the Kansai dialect I need to :')) 

I hope I'm at least doing it right welp