47

The rest of the night couldn't have gone by any slower.

I was relieved once the Styles family finally left and I was actually able to go to my room and be alone.

I was so excited to start working tomorrow and I couldn't wait to see Ashton again and tell him how everything went.

It was Friday morning and I was preparing an excuse for a reason not to go to school again, but it wasn't needed once I went down stairs and saw a bright yellow sticky note attached to the island.

Went to work early with Desmond... have a good day!

I sighed loudly and grabbed a poptart out of the cupboard before making my way into the living room.

I plopped down onto the couch and skimmed through channels before finally landing on a Say Yes to the Dress marathon.

This was how I decided I would spend my day until I had to go to work.

"I'm going to be late!"

Tate hollers as he bolts down stairs, scaring the shit out of me since I figured I was the only one home.

"Why don't you just stay home?" I called to him once I saw him at the front door.

"Because unlike you, I actually want good grades!"

And with that, he bolted out of the front door and slammed it shut behind him.

Well then.

~~

I decided to leave a bit earlier than I needed to to walk to work, just so I'd have some time to prepare myself for the rest of the day ahead.

I didn't quite understand why I was so nervous since I'd already met Shawna, and Mary practically loved me.

I guess I'm just being anxious for no reason.

I turned onto 3rd street and immediately stopped in my tracks at the sight that caught my eyes.

Louis stood leaning back against his car, a cigarette dangling from his lips as he had a conversation with a tall dark haired boy and Niall, who I hadn't seen since his New Years party.

I scanned around me to see if there was a way I could sneak past them, but there was no such luck.

Then the thought of Calum slowly crept into my head.

What if Louis knows where he is? Louis could tell me where he's at and maybe why he left and he would at least be able to tell me that he's okay.

That's all I truly care about.

I adjusted the strap of my bag on my shoulder and took a deep breath before making my way over to the three boys who stood around laughing in a cloud of cigarette smoke.

"Louis!" I call to him.

His bright blue eyes dart towards me, along with the eyes of the other boys and a smirk appears on his face.

"Louis." I begin once I approach them. "Have you-"

"I'm Ethan." The dark haired boy winks at me, extending his hand.

I give him a weird glance before shaking his hand awkwardly.

"Shaine."

"Trust me, I know." He chuckles dryly.

"Hey, girl, it's been awhile." Niall speaks from beside me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling me in for a hug.

I hug him back and give him a small smile.