9

It's been over three weeks since the night Calum walked me home. As much as I wanted to, I barely got any sleep that night thanks to Calum's odd mood swings haunting my thoughts.

Not just that night either, it's been almost every night since then. I didn't know what it was or why this boy kept popping up in my head, but I couldn't control it. He was everywhere.

That next Wednesday morning Luke greeted me at my locker, kindly returning my purse to me.

He apologized about what'd happened the previous night and I told him not to worry, it's not like any of it was his fault.

I'd planned on ignoring Ashton inside and outside of school, and that ended up being way easier than I'd thought since he hadn't been showing up. Everyday at lunch Lana, Michael, Luke and I, even Alaina on somedays, sat on the bleachers and whenever I'd attempt to bring up Ashton's whereabouts they'd either shrug their shoulders or say they had no clue. As much as I truly wanted to believe them, I somehow knew they were lying.

It's now Friday and the bell dismissing third period for lunch has just rang. I gathered my books into my arms and made my way out of the classroom.

Alaina had texted me during class saying that she had important news to tell me before lunch, so I had to wait by my locker.

Once I came to the end of the hallway and turned the corner, I stopped dead in my tracks as a tall, curly haired, ink covered boy in a blood red bandana leaning against my locker came into view.

I took a deep breath, composing myself before making my way over to him, stopping only a foot away from where he stood.

"Shaine, I can explain-"

"You're blocking my locker." I said blandly.

He sighed, rolling his eyes before taking a side step to the right giving me access to my locker.

I put in my combination and swung open the small door, trying to refrain myself from going off on him about what had happened that Tuesday night.

"Shaine, can you please just hear me out?"

I shoved my books onto a shelf and glared at him without saying a word.

Why should I even give him a chance to explain himself? What he'd said to me was completely uncalled for. I was just asking him a simple question, trying to get him to talk to me for once, and he just had to be a jerk. He doesn't deserve my attention.

"Shay, come on, don't be like this."

"Like what, Ashton?" I began, slamming my locker shut and turning to face him, my eyes narrowed. "Stuck up? Conceited? Oh, or my favorite, just fucking annoying?"

"I was having a bad night!" He defended himself, taking a step closer to me.

"I don't care! You didn't have to take your issues out on me! I thought we were friends!"

The small amount of people in the hallway that hadn't gone to lunch yet dart their eyes over towards us, but I honestly couldn't care less at the moment.

Ashton seemed to notice too before he leaned down in an attempt to be eye level with me, instead of our usual eye to mouth communication.

Stupid six foot something jerk.

"I understand that you're pissed at me, you have every right to be."

"You're for damn sure I have every right to be."

"Shay."

I sighed loudly while folding my arms across my chest, leaning up against my locker and giving him a nod of approval to continue.