thirty-two

sidney pulled into a parking spot and rushed out of the car to open the door for alexis.

once she got out, sid put his arm around her waist and she looked up at him, "i have something special for you when we get home."

"can't wait, babe." he smiled and held open the restaurant door for her. the hostess showed them to a private room and they were greeted with smiles and a couple of glares from two wags.

alexis hugged every player and a few of the girls that she knew. she sat next to marcus and jake, juuso was across from her. they were quickly absorbed into a conversation about what country had the best food.

"you guys are definitely missing out on mustikkapiirakka. it's like blueberry pie but 1000% better." alexis chef kissed her hands, making marcus roll his eyes.

"swedish meatballs are iconic. the kanelbullars(cinnamon rolls) are amazing too." marcus argued which made alexis' eyes widen.

"fuck. there is no way anything can beat those."

"what about the poronkäristys? it's a staple." juuso said and alexis glared at him.

"ive never wanted to punch anyone more. deer is gross. also... they are way too cute to be eaten. have you seen bambi? tell me he isn't adorable."

"whatever."

"y'all are forgetting about the cheeseburger. it's the best food out there."

"liar." natalie muttered and alexis high-fived her.

"natalie, i love you so much more than jake."

"feeling is mutual." she grinned.

jake scoffed and spoke loudly, "stop stealing my girlfriend, hall. im going to take sid."

the table looked over at them and alexis' eyes locked with sid's before smirking, "take him. natalie and i are soulmates."

"oooh. burn." geno spoke from the other side of sidney and sid laughed.

"it's not like we've been dating for over a year or anything... jake and i have been together since 2016."

"see it's all good. best trade in nhl history." alexis joked right before a couple of waitresses entered the room.

****

a few of the players with kids left when we all decided we wanted to go to a club. sidney parked the car once again and helped alexis out of the car.

"i don't need help getting out of the car, babe."

"i know. but i like to do it." sidney told her before receiving a quick kiss and a smile.

"let's go inside. it's kinda cold." alexis shivered and started to walk. sid put his arm around her shoulders and rubbed her outside arm to give her warmth.

once they walked into the club and breathed in the smell of alcohol and sweat, warmth instantly filled them. sidney led lexi to their large booth and sat down with her.

alexis ordered a virgin sex on the beach and sidney got a beer.

"ive never seen you drink. what's up with that?"

"you know how i told you about my parents?" alexis fidgeted with her necklace and sidney's eyes widened.

"oh shit. yeah, im sorry."

"its fine. let's go dance."

"m'lady." sidney stood up and held his hand out for alexis to grab. she accepted it and slid out of the booth, her skirt rising up. sidney spotted her bare ass and pulled down her dress almost instantly before looking around the booth for wandering eyes. "should've worn actual pants." he mumbled and clenched his jaw.

"sorry." alexis blushed and locked her eyes with the ground.

"no, im sorry, that sounded mean. i just dont want anyone looking at what's mine." he wrapped his arms around lexi's shoulders and kissed her head.

hot.